car started sputtering after adding engine restore to 2012 maxima

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Gabriel37
Car: 2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5l SV

car started sputtering after adding engine restore to 2012 maxima

Postby Gabriel37 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:48 am

so i added engine restore to my 2012 maxima well i soon found out that was wrong! my car started sputtering during idle and low rpm driving it would sputter and what not. i looked up that it does that to these cars, so what i did was change the oil and oil filter put royal purple 5-30 oil back in 5 qts. at idle it still sputters but not as much, but my engine service light is on now. i took it to autozone and p0300 code popped up, for cylinder misfires. and they suggested igniton coil. so upon leaving autozone i was backing out and it stalled on me, i was able to fire it right back up and i babied it back home. after reading many reviews online it says i just need to change the oil most people said they had to change their oil twice to get tht engine restore out. if anyone has encountered this issue or knows what to do please help. again, the oil in the car is brand new and the spark plugs ngk laser irdirum are about a month or so old. i just want my car back to normal. my car is louder than usual when i drove it to get the new oil to run through. i reset my battery by taking the cords off and the engine service soon light went off but came back on shortly. if i have to change the ignition coils okay fine but if anyone has had this issue and advice so that i can avoid this costly repair.
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”