Car sometimes wont start

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
fender5
Car: 1996 nissan Quest

Hi I have a 1996 Nissan Quest and I have a problem that seems to be getting worse, Sometimes my Car will start just fine and get me to my destenation but after I shut off the car and when i try to start it, it won't sart :frown: Now if I pull the fuel pump relay and try to sart it(and yes i put the relay back in after the car stays on :yesnod ),It will sart, latley though it has been taking several tries and pressing the gas pedal to the floor to get it to work also sometimes the cars turns off at intersections and latley the car will turn on than shut off almost instatly, Now my Husband and I notice this started happing not long after he used a fuel injector cleaner, we though small parts of junk were clogging the fuel filter so we canged it, but problem is still there so we are thinking a bad fuel pump :confused:
Has anyone here ever had this problem? or if you know what our problem is could you help We have a low cash flow and can't really take it to a shop unless we have no choice.
God Bless and Thank You in advance.

UPDATE: 7/5/11
Had the computer check, one of the codes is for the knock sensor and the description of the problem sounds like that can be the culprit,doesn't sound like a fun job, have to take off the the intake manifold to get to it, but heck if it fix's the problem It will be worth it.

Return to “Quest Forum”