Car shutting off in high speeds.

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
GoofyATX240

Well I asked this on another board Im just look for more opinions,but when I go driving around now and I open her up WOT...Itll do fine until i hit the brakes.And then the car just shuts off..But i can still restart it by turning the key even though im coasting.

This has only been happening after I got my AGX/SPortline deal put on.O yeah it also does it if i just barely tap the breaks while slowing down from about 80-90 sometimes less.Please someone help me this is getting aggravating...Especially shutting down when im turning..

93 240sx

Xeromist
Car: Cars, Music, Computers

I know this doesn't fix the problem but I wanted to point out: never turn the key all the way off if that happens because the steering wheel will lock up. I'm sure you knew that, but I didn't want to see a member become a smear on the pavement.

There isn't any reason why altering your suspension would cause this, but if you had a shop do the install, they may have screwed with something else in the process. I always tell people that if they have problems after the car has been in the shop, they should at least talk to the shop manager; even if the problem seems unrelated. A lot of shops will just deny responsibility, but some may actually take care of customers. But no one will help you if you've so much as touched the car after they've done work on it (I speak from experience).

GoofyATX240

Thanks for the advice..I never really wanted to try turning it all the way off.Damn this is frustrating though..

And the install I did myself the shop wanted to charge like 690 just for install on the shocks so i said i guess ill learn this on my own.

Someone said that the problem could be in something being loose in my car but I check everything even the battery terminals.If this keeps up and I cant figure out the prob I guess I will eventually get my other motor hehe..And thanks again for the reply and tip.

GoofyATX240

Come on noone else has any idea as to what it could be????Could it be my timing shutting me off???

AunVoh

is it your MAF? if your MAf is loose and then it gets moved around then it would make your car die, or it could be a short in your car somewhere, but i'd check the MAF first.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”