Car Shakes //Vibrates

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
kane04
Car: Infiniti G35

When i go speeds of over 60 mph my car starts shaking from the frame to the point that rear mirror vibrates. It goes away eventually but im concerned that it will get worse. At times even at real slow speeds i feel it when i apply brakes. Could it be rotors?? bearings?? Any help much apreciated. And if it is rotorswhere could i get good quality?

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

So it also shakes when you don't apply the brakes?

It could be a WHOLE number of reasons..

Do you hear any rubbing?

How is your tire pressure?

Bent rim

Alignment done balanced recently? If not, maybe you need one.

Wheel struts

Bearings

Sticking calipers

U joints

Rotars

Theres a whole list of things...any other information you can provide?

My recommendation is to bring her in if you are unable to check these yourself.

Good luck and let us know what it was!

kane04

Hey thanks for the feedback. it did shake when i applied brakes but thats gone now. The thing is it shakes hard for a few minutes when im on the freeway then it goes away. It does this every time i turn the car back on. Ive had the rims checked that they werent bent. I got all new tires brakes and rotors and it still continues. I took it in to the nissan dealership where i bought it and they and other mechanics at other shops said its the rotors. im just a little concerned what to fix next if its not the problem cause its killing the pockets. the one thing i do notice is the calipers sticking to the new rotors so i will replace those. if that doesnt do it i dont know what to do.

Guju Rider
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Desert Platinum (Sedan)

my car shakes when i apply the brakes....any suggestions as to whats wrong? i've checked the tire pressure and its correct..maybe new pads for the brakes?

Ivory G35

I had that same problem last yr If you apply the brakes and ur steering wheel and car start to vibrate/shake more than likely are your rotors at least that's what was wrong with mine...

logicmobile
Car: infiniti g35 sedan

Guju Rider wrote:my car shakes when i apply the brakes....any suggestions as to whats wrong? i've checked the tire pressure and its correct..maybe new pads for the brakes?
thats your rotors bro..nothing more unless your tire lugs are loose...100% rotors . i have that problem now,, im moving up to bbk's i have a foot of a grandmo...

kane04

my shaking was due to the calipers sticking. i agree too that the shaking when braking is rotors as well. good luck

dougiefresh7988
Car: 2005 infiniti g35x sedan
2008 infiniti g35xS sedan

if the car shakes when you apply the brakes most likley your rotors are warped from overheating/ riding them too much , or if you have and awd model it is possible u joints of front axles

dougiefresh7988
Car: 2005 infiniti g35x sedan
2008 infiniti g35xS sedan

sounds to me like you just have an alignment problem or possibly a broken belt in the tire berings usually hum at speeds over 60 mph if they are bad and struts usually knock but vibrating possible if they are bad too but take it to the dealer and get it looked at wont cost more than $100. to have them tell you wat the prob is

Sstupid
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport

Digging up an old thread. I have the same issue. My car shakes violently if I brake from a high speed. No pulsation at low speed braking. I have replaced front tires and rotors to no avail. It doesn't feel like a strut issue. Tie rod ends maybe?

2007 m45

Q45inNH
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45t

Hi all,

My 2009 G37x with 80k miles shakes really bad applying the brakes at high speeds. I just had all new pads put in and all 4 rotors turned (MIDAS). Still bad shakes hard braking at above 70. I had a stuck caliper replaced last year - my rear wheel smoked. Did I do damage?

I travel and occasionally the car sits for a week to 2 weeks at a time. When I get in and put in gear, I hear & feel something 'release'.

Stuck rotors? At my wits end. Time for the dealer?

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Q45inNH wrote:Hi all,

My 2009 G37x with 80k miles shakes really bad applying the brakes at high speeds. I just had all new pads put in and all 4 rotors turned (MIDAS).
Midas? Your first mistake!
Q45inNH wrote:.... Time for the dealer?
Yes! Have the dealer inspect the quality of the parts Midas installed.

Have your wheels balanced and a proper alignment done at the dealer.
If the problem returns then ask for a loaner from the dealer and let them keep your vehicle until they find the problem

Good luck

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”