Car repairs =(

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
WhtTrshPunk

Just got my car out of the shop today. It has to go back monday morning because I have a bad tie rod and have to have the rack and pinion boot replaced. They also tried to get me to buy new shocks and struts, but I already know they're shot but I'm waiting on my income tax refund so I can do shocks, struts, springs, bushings, strut tower bars and wheels all at the same time. Anyhow, just letting out some anxiety, about two hundred and thirty dollars worth. :(

Edit: Forgot the important part of the post. Does anyone have experience with tokico/h&r combo? My friend has that set up and so does his dad and I like it on both of those cars. I was wondering if anyone has it on a 240? I thought about full coilovers but I'm too stupid to be able to tune them so I figured I'd just do with shocks/struts and springs. Anyhow, thats all.

erich

I have the Tokiko blue non-adjustable dampers and H&R springs. One word: STIFF. I don't think the dampers & springs are a good match after putting the KYB AGX adjustables & Groundcontrol coilovers in a friends G20. If I had it to do over again I would go with different dampers. Not slagging it though, I just want to be able to fine tune it a bit.

erich

WhtTrshPunk

Yeah I was kind of leaning toward the KYB AGX's...but I can't find anyone who was them on an S14. :mad:

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”