Car not moving at all 92 240sx

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
mrdub
Car: 1992 s13 240sx

So i have a 92 240sx and i bought it with a welded diff and a few days ago in a drive thru it stoped and didnt want to go anywhere i put it in first and try to go but it just dosent move and when i called a tow truck when they pulled it on the back wheels were not spinning at all so i though maybe the diff was bad but is their anything else that can cause this i can still get it to move a little bit but then the wheels just lock up? all help is appreciated

MaximA32

Sounds like the diff is toast. Have you jacked up the rear end and tried spinning the wheels individually?

Mercury_Hg
Car: 1993 240SX Coupe

mrdub wrote:So i have a 92 240sx and i bought it with a welded diff and a few days ago in a drive thru it stoped and didnt want to go anywhere i put it in first and try to go but it just dosent move and when i called a tow truck when they pulled it on the back wheels were not spinning at all so i though maybe the diff was bad but is their anything else that can cause this i can still get it to move a little bit but then the wheels just lock up? all help is appreciated
You're lucky it happened in a drive thru and not on a highway at 60mph.

Sounds like the weld broke off your diff and locked the wheels up. You'll have to take out the diff and whatever else that entails.

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”