Car making noise in cabin that sounds like a vacuum cleaner?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
NoTalentLoser

So I pulled into a parking lot a few minutes ago and turned down the radio and noticed that, from the left side of the car, I could hear a pretty noticeable noise that sounded like a vacuum cleaner. I just noticed it after I had pulled into a parking space, so I'm not sure if the noise had been occurring while I was driving since the radio had been pretty loud. I turned the car off and back on, and the noise started immediately when the car was started back up.

Does anyone know what this is? I'm hoping this is a normal sound, but I've never heard it before and have had the car (2012 M37x) since October.

Thanks...

agoodall
Car: 2011 M37x

Noise cancellation speaker issue? sounds like it.

NoTalentLoser

Thanks for the response. I am happy to acknowledge, however, that I am the Infiniti world's biggest dumbass.... it turns out that I simply had the seat-cooling feature activated to the "Max" setting (without realizing I had turned it on in the first place) and was just hearing the air flowing through the seat perforations.

Darthswan
Car: 2012 M37X
99 Nissan Maxima

I was going to say that. I went through the same thing, turned everything down in the car.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”