Car jerks while accelerating and turning

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
KarolGT
Car: 2010 Infiniti M37 S

Hi

I have M37s EU version, I noticed that when I'm accelerating and turning at the same time..... car is jerking. The engine speed is jumping 1-2 times and then everything is fine.
No CE codes.

I'm thinking about speed sensors? But I do not have OBD2 reader to read from each wheel.
Any other ideas?

Thanks

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

"Jerking" can mean a lot of different things. Can you upload and link a video of it?

Small jerks and bounces during accel often mean your rear differential bushings are broken or possibly engine mount or transmission mount could be broken.

If the engine RPM is jumping up 1-2 times quite a lot and more than it normally should for a specific medium accel then you could have a problem with your transmission, or a sensor issue like you mentioned. Depending on the type of jerk that could point to transmission problems as well.

EdBwoy

Hey, I moved your post from the M35 forum over to the M37 forum.

You might get more answers directly related to your issue there, but it would also be a good place to browse around. Here is the link - infiniti-m37-m56-q70-forum.html

Malbec 56 Beast
Car: 2013 Infiniti M66xS Totaled 4/11/20
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy
1983 Porsche 928 S Euro (Sold) 2/17/20

When was the last time your power train fluids were replaced?

I only use email fluids, NO AFFILIATION

GOOD LUCK
Ok I’ll stop telling

Had a ‘04 maxima that had a horrible shutter and I changed the fluids work email and it ran like new again

Used their fluids in all my vehicles

KarolGT

Hi

Today I cleaned throttle body and MAF sensors, then I did all the procedures... ECU reset, idle learning, throttle body calibration etc looks a little bit better, so let's say car is not "jerking" and not shaking, but

But, the problem is:

If I disconnect the battery for a while, then car is driving like +100 HP, even on NORMAL the performance and throttle response is crazy....much much better than on SPORT, like 350 HP car...

but after 200-300 km (100-200 miles) - back to normall performance, even on SPORT

no CE codes (I checked with Car Scanner).

spark plugs are new, engine oils, filters - everything is new

I'm going to replace the power train fluids as well in next few weeks. - but might this be a problem? ECU is going to "safe mode" or something like this? Is it possible to check this with Consul?

Thanks

Jayhawk5763
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q70L

KarolGT wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:23 pm
Hi

Today I cleaned throttle body and MAF sensors, then I did all the procedures... ECU reset, idle learning, throttle body calibration etc looks a little bit better, so let's say car is not "jerking" and not shaking, but

But, the problem is:

If I disconnect the battery for a while, then car is driving like +100 HP, even on NORMAL the performance and throttle response is crazy....much much better than on SPORT, like 350 HP car...

but after 200-300 km (100-200 miles) - back to normall performance, even on SPORT

no CE codes (I checked with Car Scanner).

spark plugs are new, engine oils, filters - everything is new

I'm going to replace the power train fluids as well in next few weeks. - but might this be a problem? ECU is going to "safe mode" or something like this? Is it possible to check this with Consul?

Thanks

Any updates? Did you happen to take it to the dealership or get your hands on the CONSULT device?

KarolGT

Hi

Yes, I cleaned both MAF sensors one more time (previously I did not have enough cleaning spray) and it is perfect now.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”