Car is running like a**

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
oLemurs
Car: 2005 Mazda 6, 1978 Buick regal, 1993 240sx

like the title says my sr20det runs terribly when i am anywhere under 3000 RPM, i can hold it there and i hear a missfire, its not constant neither. ill start with what i have replaced. New Fuel pressure regulator, new fuel pump, new spark plugs, new ignition coils, timing set to the center (not fine tuned with a light). Checked the TPS sensor at closed throttle, it looked good. the car just runs like dog s*** and is super rich. i havnt taken it on the road and the exhaust is coated DARK black and it sprays black s*** out (im assuming its just water contaimated with soot) black smoke comes out the exhaust if i put a decent load on it and at idle so much smoke comes out its like i have a blown headgasket (but i dont and it smells like fuel) I took out all spark plugs multiple times and they smelled like fuel and were dark black each time. on cyl 3 after a cold start it came out a little wet but after i warmed up the engine to full OT i checked them all and no visible fuel on any of them. ive heard if my MAF isnt 24 inches away i could have problems but i unplugged the maf and it sounded pretty bad. (i couldnt tell if it was still the same misfire). ill post videos but ive done so much research and am about to just pick up a new SR from JDM hookup. Another think i want to mention is vacuum leaks. i tried to find some but could not find any of them. is it a vacuum leak if i go to hit my brakes after about 1 hour of my car running and there is no more vacuum pressure built up in the brake booster? (PS i know i have some compressor surge i need to buy a T for the BOV
Here is a compilation of all the clips
https://youtu.be/TnUTeD-fB0c

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”