Car is doing some weird things

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
25twrx

So recently my wifes waterpump went in her car, it was changed and she drove one week on it perfectly fine, she called me at work and said the car had just died on her. So she had it towed home.

When I got home I check the battery was pushing 13.4 volts then I would hear a relay click and it would drop to 11.8 I went into the car and all the gauges were dead but the car was still running I couldn't even roll up the windows. So I shut the car off and went to restart it, the car would start and then die immediately.

So I figured I was having a charging issue and pulled the battery and when I went to pull the alternator I saw that her uncle that did the water pump for her didn't bolt the alternator power cable down all the way. So I replaced both and started it for the first time today. It ran for 4 minutes before the gauges died and the issue started all over again.

I have no clue what is wrong. Like I said when the problem happens I hear a relay click then all the gauges go dead cant roll up the windows or anything, if I try to drive the car it will move then start bucking really badly.

The CEL came on for codes like idle air control valve, evap system failure, serial terminal failure, connection to transmission failure. So It leads me to believe it has to be a electrical issue.

I am just running out of ideas any help would be greatly appreciated. The car is a 2001 altima gxe

AlexN09
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5S

Sounds like electrical to me. Have you charged the battery up and taken it to be tested?

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”