car died mysteriously in gear

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Re037
Car: 1992 300zx 2+2 NA

i was drivng back from school a few nights ago. i was cruising in 5th gear when the car just absolutely lost power. i gaved it some more throttle but i get no response as the car kept on slowing down. so i put he car into neutral to see if it'll rev easier. the engine instantly shuts off. the radio and lights are still on and strong. while the car is still moving, i try poping in the clutch to get the engine going again but i get nothing. i pull over and go to a complete stop and try to start it. i hear the fuel pump going and the engine cranks but the engine does not fire up.

i know theres probably a few billion things that can go wrong, but would like some input on some things to check up on first. i really busy since finals re looming aroudn the corner. any help would be greatly appreciated

andrez
Car: 1990 300zx na / 1995 f-150 4x4 / 05 focus xr4 99 blazer s-10 jacked

fuel pump-coils-crank sensor .....was it raining grounding issues ....you are right though a billion things start with electrical ie plugs getting fire ........good luck

zxautogiro
Car: 91 300zx 2+2 tt 05 cbr1000rr

PTU comum problem on z .

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”