Car “Bogging” ?

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
stabtic
Car: 1992 Nissan 240SX

Okay hoping you guys can give some advice or help but basically so i’m having this issue where i’d say after maybe around 30 min to an hour of driving the car will not like to rev past 3-5k rpm’s it’s on and off , but basically when i reach somewhere in the range the car will act as like it’s hitting redline or just cut fuel and spark , i can accelerate slowly and it will pass those rpm’s but flooring it , it does not want to , the car idles fine and cruises perfect So far i’ve changed injectors , plugs , wires , tps , checked timing ,and car does not have a cel my next part was going to be maf , cause from what i’ve read i guess bad maf could cause this , i’ve unplugged maf while car was idling and car died which means the maf is doing something , I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this issue or not , but i don’t want to keep throwing money at the car for random sensors , just wondering what your guys thoughts would be ? Thanks !

240sx.jpg
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX

There is a Top Speed Limiter and rev limiter, I believe. There is a way to remove the speed limiter by unplugging the two middle transmission sensors, but you'll need to look that up to make sure.

stabtic

update changed maf and car still doing the same thing , kind of feels like a clogged cat maybe or something of the sort

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Is it a hard limit, or does it sort of continue to operate, just severely reduced power?

stabtic

It’s a very hard cut , that first Hour of driving I can beat on the car no issue but then say on the freeway or starting from a stop if i gas the car all the way to 3k it’ll just completely cut , like a hard pause like it almost turned off

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Even though the car isn't throwing a CEL, it might be worth trying to read the codes anyway. Maybe unplug your battery for a bit to clear the code that's probably there from disconnecting your MAF, and then go drive around for a day or so before you do it.
I did a quick search and it looks like this might be for S14s, but its a good place to start:
https://240sx.org/faq/articles/ecm_codes_doch.htm

Return to “240sx General Discussion”