Cant lock or unlock one rear door with power door lock

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jokerstone
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Just started having this issue.

I tried to lock my rogue as normal and I guess I had dropped the second key sonewhere and it wouldnt lock saying a key was in the car. When I finally locked it the rear passenger door didnt respond to the key fob and i locked that one manually.

Now when i use either remote, the rear passenger door doesnt respond to anything.

Anyone know if it's something i can reset? Battery has been changed in one fob and i tried both independently without the other nearby and they both dont work.

Thoughts? It's a 2015 rogue.

Thanks!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

The problem is most likely with your BCM.

Option 1) Disconnect the battery for at about one hour. Probably won't fix it, but won't cost you anything to try.

Option 2) Take your car to the dealership and have them reset it. This is the better option as your BCM may possibly be defective and will need to be replaced. Yes this will cost you money, but owning a modern vehicle ain't cheap.

jokerstone
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Tried the battery disconnect but it did nothing. It didn't even clear radio presets. Is the 1 hour a rule? My honda would reset all after 5 mins of negative disconnect.

Is this power lock problem common?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

The general rule of thumb is to leave it disconnected no less than 20 minutes. This is pretty much standard for all makes/models, and has been for several decades. You didn't mention the age of your Honda, but if it's an older model with less sophisticated tech, then yeah 5 minutes wouldn't be unrealistic. Mind you, while the radio may have lost power doesn't mean the other components were fully discharged.

Pro Tip: we have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Do a keyword search for LOCK to see what pops up.

Return to “Rogue Forum”