Cannot Open Rear Door

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
kenjg55
Car: 2013 Nissan Versa 1.6L

Hello and thank you in advance.

I have a 2013 Nissan Versa SL 1.6L and the other day I open the doors with my FOB but the driver side door would not unlock. I since tried 2 FOBS and the inside unlock switch but no luck. Any one have a suggestion on how to get the door open so I can get the door switch to fix the darn thing?

Best Regards
Ken Gonzales

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If it won't unlock mechanically then chances are the arm the actuator cable attaches to is broken. If you remove the rear seat cushion and the lower B-pillar trim, there's a good chance you can get the door trim off the door with minimal or no damage. The bad news is, once you can see the mechanism, you may need to bust it up with a prybar and chisel to release the door.

kenjg55
Car: 2013 Nissan Versa 1.6L

Hi & thank you for the respond and tip. By the way what is Lower B-Pillar trim?

BR
Kenjg55

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The B-pillar is the vertical support in between the front and rear doors. The pillars go A through C from front to back, A is between the windshield and front door, C is between the rear door and back window. The trim on your B-pillar is in two pieces, upper and lower. The lower trim on a Versa is only anchored with pawls, with the front seat moved all the way forward you can simply pry it loose.

Return to “Versa General Chat”