Cannot change 2012 m37X climate control

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
JjTheHusky

Hello, recently a 2012 Infiniti m37x was handed down to me from my mother, as she received a work car.

What I did was enter the 'secret' diagnostic menu on the control unit, and "Initialize setting" which told me that it would reset the unit, erasing phone book, Bluetooth settings and stuff like that.

That did work but the first problem I had was the reverse camera wouldn't activate. I easily fixed this by entering the diagnostic menu and selecting the correct camera setup for this vehicle.

However soon I found out that I could not change any of the climate settings. None of the buttons for climate did anything and the settings for the climate on the control unit were greyed out; shown in this picture.

I went back into the diagnostic menu to see if there are any settings for it but I could not find any, however, I saw in the error history that there was an unfinished configuration error from my first initialization.

I tried asking in other places but no luck, I'm not sure if the dealership will help but it may cost some $$ anyways.

Any advice? First time digging into this stuff.

JCesar

dual temp activates wants to change the temp for the pass side. click the hot or cold arrow on that side. upper vents try setting the air to the front top not floor

JjTheHusky

JCesar wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:33 pm
dual temp activates wants to change the temp for the pass side. click the hot or cold arrow on that side. upper vents try setting the air to the front top not floor
None of the controls are responsive.

I looked around and it seems that I would need to reprogram the unit with "Nissan consult III" which I don't have, so I may need to visit the dealership and waste abunch of $$$ for "labor"

satown210
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37
2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road

Yup there have been threads before about people getting in there and bricking the system. You basically deleted the software for the climate control. Sometimes it can be re-programmed other times it has to be replaced. Shouldn't be in there messing with diagnostic menus.

Side note: How in the world can you breath with all that air freshner?! Just one of those is overpowering and you gave two or more?!

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”