[Oversea] Cannot change 2011 m37 climate control

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
ewon1
Car: m37

Hi,

What I did was enter the 'secret' diagnostic menu on the control unit, and "Initialize setting" which told me that it would reset the unit.

However soon I found out that I could not change any of the climate settings.

None of the climate button work.

I brought this car i loved from Untied States, and none of the Korean delaer ship is able to fix my problem.

Is anyone can send me the firmware update data so i can flash the software by myself?

thank you

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Hi there,

Unfortunately no one in our group that regularly posts is a master tech and we do not have access to such firmware. You may want to attempt to call a US dealer and see if they will be nice and help, but I'm not sure how you can get what you are looking for if your local dealers aren't able to help.

ewon1

Ilya wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:06 pm
Hi there,

Unfortunately no one in our group that regularly posts is a master tech and we do not have access to such firmware. You may want to attempt to call a US dealer and see if they will be nice and help, but I'm not sure how you can get what you are looking for if your local dealers aren't able to help.
I don't think nobody will nice enough to send the program...
Do you think if I buy the navigation update DVD might solve this problem?

I think the DVD update kind of updates the firmware as well as the map....

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I do not believe it updates the firmware, but perhaps you can email a US dealer or DVD reseller such as NavTeq and confirm.

ewon1

Ilya wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:45 pm
I do not believe it updates the firmware, but perhaps you can email a US dealer or DVD reseller such as NavTeq and confirm.
hmm... talked to the service representative for about an hour... no response...
so, I purchased the map update DVD...

I hope this fixes the problem...

Brian35XR
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x
2006 Infiniti M35x
2004 Infiniti G35 - Sold

ewon1 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 5:26 am
Ilya wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:45 pm

The map update DVD only updates the maps. The DVD that updates the actual HU firmware is a different DVD made by Clarion that Yoda's Master posted in the GROM thread: https://infinitig37.com/TSB/ITB12-054a.pdf.

I did a quick search to see if that was available to be purchased but no dice. From the G37 forum if you try to call Clarion they won't sell it unless you're a dealership. You could try to show the TSB to the Korean dealership and see if they could obtain it.

satown210
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37
2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road

Several people have done this. You deleted the climate control software. A dealer will need to re-program it via their CONSULT system or you might have to replace the modules.

A WARNING TO OTHERS!! STAY OUT OF DIAGNOSTIC SCREENS!!

JjTheHusky

satown210 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:07 pm
Several people have done this. You deleted the climate control software. A dealer will need to re-program it via their CONSULT system or you might have to replace the modules.

A WARNING TO OTHERS!! STAY OUT OF DIAGNOSTIC SCREENS!!
Yup, did the same a few months ago. I went to a Nissan dealership because they have the same software but they basically didn't do anything. Infiniti dealership was much more helpful.

ewon1

Brian35XR wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:25 am
ewon1 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 5:26 am

The map update DVD only updates the maps. The DVD that updates the actual HU firmware is a different DVD made by Clarion that Yoda's Master posted in the GROM thread: https://infinitig37.com/TSB/ITB12-054a.pdf.

I did a quick search to see if that was available to be purchased but no dice. From the G37 forum if you try to call Clarion they won't sell it unless you're a dealership. You could try to show the TSB to the Korean dealership and see if they could obtain it.
Thank you for the Information.
I did meet the dealership try to fix my problem but they didn't have the DVD... they tried to replace the whole AC control unit and module which cost around $2000~ $3000...
I talked to the dealer that this is the software issue, not the hardware and I showed them your post and the bulletin Infiniti brochure information to them... but they are not willing to talk to the Clairson or the Global Infiniti team.
So... i am in my own... today, i called Clairson and awaiting their response....

Wish me luck! i will update my post once I receive answer from Clarirson.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”