Cannonball p0ker Run 2007

Including IL, IN, KY, TN, MI, and OH
Nismonkey
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey

***What's up everyone, I'm posting this for my friends over there on http://www.tnkytuners.com ! We're trying to set this up for SPRING OF 2007!***

So, Im sure that the title is what brought most of whoever of you that are looking at this. (Wow I think I lost brain cells reading/typing that)

Anyway, Ive been thinking I want to do something thats an event that will bring people to the site more and help put the name out there.

What better way to do this than a good ol fashion p0ker run? right? Mike(nismonkey) and I(Chris) are working the details out when we get more rules and stuff together we will post them here is what we have come up with so far...

1) Entry fee - $20 for the driver $10 for the radio/navigation person (this person is required/mandatory) total is $30 to enter.

2) $10 per passenger in the car, other than the driver and radio person.

3) Each vehicle will be required to carry a working 2way radio and/or cell phone (that works)

4) Each vehicle will be given a set of driving directions, you are not required to follow the given route, but it is highly reccomended.

5) Each vehicle (driver/all passengers) is required to sign a waiver of release, stating...that TNKYtuners is not responsible for any tickets/traffic violations etc.

6) Have fun!! Enjoy the scenery, its a mountain drive from what I have been told. And there is a lot of crap to do in Gatlinburg according to Daniel (McDizzle). Ive been told there is a outlet mall and a million restaurants and go-karts and over all the place is a tourist trap. With loads of hotels. So, enjoy yourselves.

** And remember, the more cars we have the bigger the prize money!! **

$30 x 100cars = 3grand3grand -2grand for prize money (1st-$1,000 2nd -$750 3rd -$250)Tthe last 1grand goes to the site for BBQs and Tshirts and Stickers, etc.)

So if we get 200cars, think of what the amount for 1st place will be

Who all is interested in this? Lets get a list going.

Chris

***Additional information will be posted here as the event draws closer!!! We'll keep you posted so check in often!***

New info as of 8/11/06:

TENTATIVE START, STOPS, CHECK POINTS ETC... START-LOUISVILLE, KY (PAPA JOHN'S STADIUM???) 1ST STOP-BOWLING GREEN, KY (CORVETTE MUSEUM???) 2ND STOP-NASHVILLE, TN (TITANS STADIUM???) ***LONGEST LEG OF RUN FROM Nashville to Knoxville*** 3RD STOP-KNOXVILLE, TN (DUNNO YET!?!?) END-DEALS GAP, TN/NC aka TAIL OF THE DRAGON!!! Here's a link to the original thread over on tnkytuners.com...http://www.tnky1320tuners.prob...16609

Modified by Nismonkey at 6:11 PM 8/27/2006

nismo1219
Car: '12 Nissan Altima 3.5SR
'99 Nissan Maxima GLE

OH HELL YEAH!!!!! IM DEFINATELY IN FOR THIS!!! you other guys might as well save your time and effort and just write me the check cause ill be taking home 1st, lol !!!!!!!!!! i've been wanting to do something like this since i saw the guys from "jackass" autocrossing in europe!!!!!! keep me posted, im definately in!!!!!!

nismo1219
'99 Nissan Maxima GLE

so, im guessing that me and "the monkey" are the only ones interested here??

Nismonkey

nismo1219 wrote:so, im guessing that me and "the monkey" are the only ones interested here??
Ben, I've got this event posted on over 30 websites/ forums. Believe me there are more people interested than you and me!!!

nismo1219
'99 Nissan Maxima GLE

Nismonkey wrote:
Ben, I've got this event posted on over 30 websites/ forums. Believe me there are more people interested than you and me!!!
awesome! i tried to look at that link you posted in your first thread but i have to login in to do so. anyways, that just means more money for the winner!! keep me posted when you find out any new news!!

Nismonkey

nismo1219 wrote:
awesome! i tried to look at that link you posted in your first thread but i have to login in to do so. anyways, that just means more money for the winner!! keep me posted when you find out any new news!!
Ben,

I just updated the original post #1. It lists the stops.

M3Racer
Car: 1999 Acura 3.2TL, BMW E46 M3 Convertible

If this is after April 5th, at which point I won't need to be as worried about my liscence being taken away, I might be interested.

Nismonkey

M3Racer wrote:If this is after April 5th, at which point I won't need to be as worried about my liscence being taken away, I might be interested.
It looks like it'll be in either March or April...

nismo1219
'99 Nissan Maxima GLE

sounds good so far! keep me posted mike!!

Nismonkey

***UPDATE!!!***

These are the sites that I have posted on about this event. There are almost a dozen of us involved in organizing the event, so these are ONLY THE SITES I have posted on...no telling what other forums this event is posted on!!!

Nicoclub.com-Nissan Infiniti Car Owners Club (National Club) 502streetscene.net-Louisville, KY and surrounding area auto forums Maxima.org-The home for Nissan Maxima enthusiasts KYstreetscene.com-Kentucky’s premier automotive community Nissanclub.com-Nissan related site that dead forum-Nissan related site ImportAlliance.org-Import forum for my region NOPIforums.com-forums for the NOPI car show series WestKyImports.com-forums for West KY tuners Vaperz.com-local car club with chapters in WV, KY, & IN Truesupremacy.com-local car club in Clarksville, TN SuperStreetOnline.com-Super Street Magazine forums ImportTuner.com-Import Tuner Magazine forums SportCompactCarweb.com-Sport Compact Car Magazine forums HINcity.com-forums for Hot Import Nights & Daze show series Tennesspeed.net-Tennessee and surrounding area auto forums Tunerfriends.com-online forums for all tuner enthusiasts CarandModel.com-online forums for tuners & models B15sentra.net-Nissan Sentra specific forum club240.com-Nissan 240sx forum g20.net-Infiniti-G20 forum g35driver.com-Infiniti G35 forum my350z.com-Nissan 350Z forum sr20forum.com-SR20 forum 300zxclub.com-300zx forum forums.thevboard.com-Nissan related site clubarmada.com-Nissan Armada forum clubfrontier.org-Nissan Frontier forum clubtitan.org-Nissan Titan forum zchickz.com-Nissan Z forum for the ladies

nismo1219
'99 Nissan Maxima GLE

freakin' hey mike!! do you belong to all those forums?? how in the crap do you keep up with everything???? oh, my installer has my car this weekend. ill get it back tomorrow after work, so hopefully hell have the majority of the work all done!!! woo hoo!!

Nismonkey

One word...

NETWORKING

M3Racer

Any word on a date?

Nismonkey

M3Racer wrote:Any word on a date?
Tentatively...MARCH or APRIL.

Don't worry we'll get the date set well in advance, so people can actually try to get that particular weekend off from work for this event.

95silvia14
Car: 1995 240SX, 1993 s13 coupe

ILL BE THERE. new suspention and all

Nismonkey

95silvia14 wrote:ILL BE THERE. new suspention and all
Kyle, look forward to meeting you man. It'll be here before we know it!

Spread the word if you know of any1 else that may be interested!

***Updated 10/11/06***

Present head count for p0ker run is at 50 right now!!! We've got about 5-6 months left till the event. I'm sure that # will increase as the date draws nearer!!!

95silvia14
Car: 1995 240SX, 1993 s13 coupe

Michael, hey done and done im telling everybody i know. looking forward to meeting you also.

Nismonkey

!!!UPDATE AGAIN!!!

The previous ending point for the run WAS Gatlinburg, TN. This has been changed! We are changing the ending point to the TAIL OF THE DRAGON! Deals Gap, TN/NC.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com

eddiec
Car: 91 S13

95silvia14 - do you go to school somewhere in nashvegas?

anyway, tail of the dragon is fawkin on. 30 bux and a couple tanks of gas is worth running the dragon again.

M3Racer

HELLS YEAH Tail of the Dragon. I'll really try to be there.

Keebler

I've already joined the tnkytuners forums and made my post. I read about this run on importatlanta. I'll be there

Nismonkey

Keebler wrote:I've already joined the tnkytuners forums and made my post. I read about this run on importatlanta. I'll be there
What up Keebs? Welcome to NICO! Hope you make NICO one of your forum homes!

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

the gap?

my god, we're all gonna die!

Nismonkey

Mr1der wrote:the gap?

my god, we're all gonna die!
Not for the faint of heart, that's for sure!!!

chattanoogarebel
Car: 240sx

Hey Monkey, hope I havent missed this , but what's the date?

Nismonkey

chattanoogarebel wrote:Hey Monkey, hope I havent missed this , but what's the date?
No bro...it's not till spring of 2007. You're just in time!!! We're working the details out, and we'll post new info as it becomes available!

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Also don't forget that we'll be having the Regional NICO Meet in Smyrna, TN around that same time. Save your vacation days. I'm not so sure about the gap yet. Still have a friend recovering from a wreck there, not trying to scare anyone. **** happens.

Nismonkey

jltibbs wrote:Also don't forget that we'll be having the Regional NICO Meet in Smyrna, TN around that same time. Save your vacation days. I'm not so sure about the gap yet. Still have a friend recovering from a wreck there, not trying to scare anyone. **** happens.
It's about time you checked in Jeremiah!!! It looks like this TOD run will take place March 31st & April 1st of 2007. I hope these dates won't conflict with our ALL Nissan meet.

nismo1219
'99 Nissan Maxima GLE

mike, dont forget to keep me posted. the dates look good for my calendar, so far. i would really like to make this, especially if everyone else makes it out as well. also, dont forget to keep me up-to-date with the "hunter's custom auto" info for this coming spring. you said something about an "entry application?"

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Nismonkey wrote:It's about time you checked in Jeremiah!!! It looks like this TOD run will take place March 31st & April 1st of 2007. I hope these dates won't conflict with our ALL Nissan meet.
Nah, I was aiming for the end of April, it was a little too chilly last year. Beautiful, but chilly. If you don't mind me asking, what's with your icon? the monkey was much better.

Return to “Central Region”