Canadian models have better mpg??

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Raiden9
Car: M35 Sport

http://www.infiniti.ca/en/mode...4TG76

I would love to get 33mpg out of my m35 as listed on the Canadian Infiniti website, but it appears their math is wrong. However, the actual conversion should be 27.35 mpg, which is still better than 25 mpg on US sticker.

If this is for real - can some environmental controls or air filters be modified to get better mpg for US cars (in theory of course)? Or maybe their governmental testing agency has different results?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Raiden9 wrote:http://www.infiniti.ca/en/mode...4TG76

I would love to get 33mpg out of my m35 as listed on the Canadian Infiniti website, but it appears their math is wrong. However, the actual conversion should be 27.35 mpg, which is still better than 25 mpg on US sticker.

If this is for real - can some environmental controls or air filters be modified to get better mpg for US cars (in theory of course)? Or maybe their governmental testing agency has different results?
Welcome to NICO!

I am not sure why there are such differences between the two models. My guess would be that the testing standards are not the same. I doubt that anything in the car is modified to compensate.

Hopefully, someone who knows the real answer can comment!

Z

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Imperial gallons are larger than US gallons.

Petrol is all sold by the liter and the limits are in Km/Hr. So confusing.

Raiden9
Car: M35 Sport

Ahh, you are correct sir! 1 imperial gallon = 1.2 gallons, which explains the 33mpg. However, they are still getting north of 27 mpg in US gallons. Where is the extra 2mpg coming from?

Other things I have thought about to save gas:Other than driving slow, I could take out the heavy full size 19" spare, and just call triple A if I get a flat. I even thought about running at half a tank or less, which may save 75 lbs of fuel. How much PSI are you guys running with the Sport models low profile tires?

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Can't tell you from experience, but if you read the excellent previous tire posts by Q45tech and szhosain, you will see 35 psi is probably the safe minimum tire pressure with no load.

If you read all the fuel pump threads, you will learn that if it is the same type of pump, running below a quarter tank full will stress the pump.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

maxnix wrote:Can't tell you from experience, but if you read the excellent previous tire posts by Q45tech and szhosain, you will see 35 psi is probably the safe minimum tire pressure with no load.
Definitely! Tire load index is measured at 35 and 36psi. Since the M45 is a relatively heavy car, and the OEM tires are load index 94 (as I recall), I would run at or above 36psi to be safe.

I keep my current Goodyear Eagle GS F1-D3 245/45-18 tires 100W tires at 36psi - even though I have extra load margin (because of the 100 load index tires.)

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”