Can you tow a trailer with the Juke?

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
philipa_240sx

Another member asked this question over in the Rogue forum so I am posting it here as it's useful information for all Juke owners:
DaveR00121 wrote:Hey, all. Just bought a 2011 Juke SV AWD a few weeks ago. Love it, but to date there are no accessories for it. Draw-Tite says they have no plans for a hitch for it, some other hitch mfrs say wait a couple of months. If I have to have instant gratification, U-Haul has a custom-build program, but the cost is $450 :tisk: !

Thule says they will probably have a fit kit (P/N 1619) for a roof rack in January.

Happy Holidays

Welcome to the NICOClub Rogue Forums DaveR00121!

I can see you likely want a hitch for one of 2 reasons:

1) To carry a bike.

I can totally see this. Considering that some will want to use the Juke for outdoor pursuits, you need a way to get your gear there. IMHO a hitch mounted bike carrier is the easiest way.

2) To tow a trailer.

Nissan does not recommend towing a trailer with the Juke. It's in your owners manual on pg 9-15:
TOWING A TRAILER

Do not tow a trailer with your vehicle.
Hidden Hitch does make Class I hitches for the Versa and Cube. I imagine it will just be a matter of time before a hitch is made for the Juke.

Regardless, I could not image towing much more than 500lbs. The brakes, suspension, axles, etc were likely never designed with the rigors of towing in mind. It would also be quite easy to exceed the gross weight rating of the vehicle (read: overloading) which in many jurisdictions carries fines if you are caught.

uncledirty
Car: 2011 Sapphire Black Juke Base
2010 Cube

I'm watching for a trailer hitch to become available myself. Harley and Honda both say I shouldn't haul trailers behind my Road King or my VTX, but I ignore them too. :^)

I regularly pull 300 pounds with the bikes and have done 400 with the Harley. Figure pulling the john boat to take my grandson fishing or the trailer I use for the bikes (40"x48" 1000# from Harbor Freight) can't be any worse for the Juke than it is for the hog.

Dirty

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I've seen trailers attached to everything from Camaro's to 240's.

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”