Can we PLEASE stop standing on the graves of children???

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Just received this email
Hello, everybody --

Each week, like many presidents before me, I sit down to record a short address to the nation. It's something I take very seriously because it offers a chance to bring focus to an issue that needs to be part of the national dialogue.

But today, I've asked someone to take my place.

Francine Wheeler is a mother. She and her family live in Newtown, Connecticut. Four months ago, her six year-old son Ben was murdered in his elementary school, along with 19 other children and six brave educators.

Joined by her husband David, Francine shares her perspective about the steps we can take to reduce gun violence and prevent the kind of tragedy she understands all too well.

It's a message that every American should hear:

Watch Francine, then join her in speaking out to make our country safer.

This week, because people like Francine and like you got involved, the U.S. Senate took a step forward on commonsense reforms to reduce gun violence.

And that's good. Because this shouldn't be about politics. This is about doing the right thing for families that have been torn apart by gun violence, and for all our families going forward.

But we've got a lot of work to do before Congress finishes the job.

So if you believe that we can take sensible steps to protect more of our kids from gun violence and protect our Second Amendment rights, stand up and join us.

Just visit WhiteHouse.gov to get started:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/newtown-address

Thanks,

President Obama
I'm sick of this. Absolutely sick of it. NONE of these laws will stop the next school shooting. None of them.

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

Meanwhile, the police stockpile ammo, order armored personnel carriers, and tell us it's for "the public's safety"
I wonder how being in the military will play out when the s*** hits the fan...

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Even the most bleeding-heart lefty liberal can't deny that this is an absurd and futile assault on our freedoms as Americans.

This Administration will go down in history as the biggest laughingstock in US history - Yes, exceeding Nixon, Bush, Carter and Clinton.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Reply with this video. In fact, just fwd this video to everyone in your address book. It's short and to the point. If you have spare time, the majority of his vids are excellent.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6izzlgPf2Jk[/youtube]

S13_love

Hello, everybody --

Each week, like many presidents before me, I sit down to record a short address to the nation. It's something I take very seriously because it offers a chance to bring focus to an issue that needs to be part of the national dialogue.

But today, I've asked someone to take my place.

Francine Wheeler is a mother. She and her family live in Newtown, Connecticut. Four months ago, her six year-old son Ben was murdered in his elementary school, along with 19 other children and six brave educators.

Joined by her husband David, Francine shares her perspective about the steps we can take to reduce gun violence and prevent the kind of tragedy she understands all too well.

It's a message that every American should hear:

Watch Francine, then join her in speaking out to make our country safer.

This week, because people like Francine and like you got involved, the U.S. Senate took a step forward on commonsense reforms to reduce gun violence.

And that's good. Because this shouldn't be about politics. This is about doing the right thing for families that have been torn apart by gun violence, and for all our families going forward.

But we've got a lot of work to do before Congress finishes the job.

So if you believe that we can take sensible steps to protect more of our kids from gun violence and protect our Second Amendment rights, stand up and join us.

Just visit WhiteHouse.gov to get started:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/newtown-address

Thanks,

President Obama
Since when did she become an expert on gun issues and public safety?

Aside from that, since we're going to play that game, I guess I'll continue to wait to hear from the families of the Benghazi victims and their perspectives about the steps we can take to improve foreign relations to prevent the kind of tragedy they understand all too well.

Oh, and since this has some relevancy to the issue at hand, I'll go ahead and leave this riigghhtt here:

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Can we start putting anyone who stops a crime or kills an intruder/attacker with a legally carried gun on TV?

Need something to balance out the people who have no clue about guns trying to ban them.

If I get hit head on by a Mercedes driver, can I go to work for Mercedes the next day because of my extensive knowledge of them?

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

biggie wrote:Can we start putting anyone who stops a crime or kills an intruder/attacker with a legally carried gun on TV?
I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS! I FEEL LIKE THE NRA IS NOT LOUD ENOUGH, ISNT "IN YOUR FACE" ENOUGH, AND ISNT DOING ENOUGH TO COUNTER-ACT THE NONSENSE THE MEDIA IS PUSHING OUT.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

It works. People are stupid.

"Think of the children!"

I am. That's why I want to stop this, for their future.

Return to “Politics Etc.”