Can u offer your opinion on who will win???

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
afastsbc
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan 1989 Pontiac Formula 350 2007 GMC Envoy Denali

Im a new member by the way...hello to all. I have a 03 G35 sedan with a cold air intake...nothing else. Im going to the track with some friends from work when it warms up and was just curious who will be the victor. My opponents are a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP and a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX auto (not a STI). Both are stock with the exception of a drop in K&N filter. Thanks for any input.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

What are we talking about? A Drag race? Or road race? Or autocross?

The G will probably take the win in a drag race. A friend of mine with a WRX manual said a G35 pulled on him pretty easily(though test reulst may put it pretty close. The GTP is pulling just under 15 seconds according to Motor Trend.

In a road race course, it will depend on the course, but the G35 will probably beat the GTP without much argument, but the WRX may be able to win on the tighter couorses. The lower weight and smaller size will be easier to manage in a turn crazy course. The G will probably have a slight edge on faster straighter courses.

In an autocross, acceleration tends to be secondary. Nimbleness has a lot of advantages here. The WRX isn't a slouch for performance, so I'd expect it to have the edge here. Especially with the AWD drivetrain allowing it to shred through turns. Since tire heat isn't as much of a concern on an autocross, it can be driven with a bit more throttle using the AWD to help steer the car more. The GTP will probably struggle in an autocross. Especially with such low skidpad and slalom numbers.

Now this is only speculation based on test results and what I know about cars. Doesn't account for driver or those factors in a car that just never show up on in tests. Regardless of what type of race, the only way to truly know is to try it and find out. Just be safe and have fun. That way everyone wins.

afastsbc
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan 1989 Pontiac Formula 350 2007 GMC Envoy Denali

Thanks for the info. We are going to spend a day at a 1/4 mile track and was just curious on some outside input.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”