Can this be the TRANNY?? 2 Questions

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
2001AltimaGLE
Car: 2001 Nissan Altima Gle

Have 01 GLE W/143k miles. I think the tranny is going here is why I think this.

From a complete stop when I press the gas the car hesitates and it does not have alot if any take off power, Now when I get going i'd say 2-3 mins after I start driving it seems to wind out and doesn't go into the next gear right when it should if I get off the gas just a little and get back on it goes into the next gear, but if I dont get off the gas and wait for it to go into the next gear when it does it bucks.I hope this aint a tranny problem or bye bye 01 hello 2007 altima

Also on start up it shakes like the motor is loose id say I may need new motor mountsAny help is greatly appreciatedEdit/Delete Message

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Try unplugging the battery and leaving it unplugged for 15 min, so this way you can reset the computer - auto trannys store your driving style and shift points...trying to reset this and seeing if the problem persists should be the first thing you try.

Jybfan04
Car: 98 Nissan Altima
91 Nissan 240sx

What he said ^...

Also, when was the last time you changed your tranny fluid? I would suggest changing the fluid and putting some high quality tranny fluid and some Lucas transmission slip fix and that should get her going again.

fdlt
Car: 1998 Nissan Altima SE

Would the advise about disconnecting the battery hold true for a 1998?

nuinqua
Car: 1972 Datsun 240z

Why not just get rid of the 01 anyway and get the 07?

Amaya928
Car: Nissan Altima 2000

well it seems that u probably have a trannymount problem but that is cheapest way to find out if u need a new transmission if u werent racing putting on Nutral and accelarate and then on D then u wont need a tranny about the loose engine, yes u mostlikely need motormounts since if ur tranny mounts arnt good it will mess up the engine ones but before u remplace anything remplace the 2 tranny mounts and then enginemounts, if nothing of that helps i think i will give u the word for going for the new altima, good luck

2001AltimaGLE
Car: 2001 Nissan Altima Gle

Amaya928 wrote:well it seems that u probably have a trannymount problem but that is cheapest way to find out if u need a new transmission if u werent racing putting on Nutral and accelarate and then on D then u wont need a tranny about the loose engine, yes u mostlikely need motormounts since if ur tranny mounts arnt good it will mess up the engine ones but before u remplace anything remplace the 2 tranny mounts and then enginemounts, if nothing of that helps i think i will give u the word for going for the new altima, good luck
I can't make whats what in this entire reply. Could you break this down for me

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”