can't pull wheels

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
sonoma

Greetings... I have an 04 Titan. Recently had a flat and when I went to change the tire I could not get the tire and rim off of the hub. It was as though it was welded on. Any suggestions. I am affraid that when I am ready to buy tires the guys might beat up my rims trying to get them off. Has anyone heard of anythng like this?

Bstrd240SX

your rims are most likely rusted to your hubs, this happens mostly when the rim is hubcentric because of the jamming effect the rust has at it expands. theres 2 ways to go about this. the jack method or the hammer method

option one, unbolt one wheel, get some 2x4's, place one flat against each tire, place the jack on its side against one of the 2x4's, add a 2x4 between the jack and the opposite tire, work the jack till the rim pops off

option 2: unbolt one wheel, place 2x4 aganst inside of rim (or have a help hold it) beat rim off the car from underneith

i had to beat the rims off the bosses wifes Jaguar the day we did brakes on it, everyone was freaking out but there wasnt a scratch on them when i was done.

sonoma

Thanks for the suggestions. One time this happened I had a 2x4 in the back of the truck and it did get the tire off by beating the inside of the rim. That was a rear tire. This most recent incident was a front tire and it would not come off. I beat it with the 2x4 and it did not budge. A truck mechanic stopped to help. He had a mallet that we used to hit the 2x4 with but nothing moved. I never did get it off. i just had the tire plugged on the truck.

I will try the jack method in my driveway to get them off. Do you think some grease on the hubs would prevent this?

Bstrd240SX

yea, the bosses wifes jaguar needed monster swings to get the one wheel off, i was trying my best to bat for the fence and it still took a good number of hits to pop it free. my coworkers werent standing anyplace near me or the car for this, they figured on the car falling off the lift, lol

Rev_D21
Car: 1986.5 D21 LB HD 2WD V6 5Speed
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

Thread one lug nut back on then kick the tire using the heel of your shoe. Make sure you are facing away from the tire. Kick it like you are a horse kicking.

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

Had this problem on my Dad's Corolla. I just used a 3lb hammer and hit the inner sidewall of the tire a few times and it popped loose.

slammedhardbody
Car: nissan hardbody

yea man i worked in servel auto shops an this problem waz known just take of 5 lugs an loosn the last 1 put a piece of wood on the inner sidwall an give it a good smack should just pop off an no damage is done

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”