Can I upgrade Fuel Injectors without larger turbos

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
RedZed
Car: 1991 Nissan 300zx TT
2008 BMW X5 4.8i

Hello,

I am thinking of upgrading fuel injectors. my current mods are intake and exhaust. I am thinking of getting an ECU and am thinking of getting it programmed for larger injectors. I also have a boost controller that I haven't installed yet.

Can I get larger injectors with these basic mods and an ECU upgrade? I don't really want to set up the vehicle to run rich but at the same point it runs really rough at idle and the injectors are stock so I think its time for an upgrade.

Eventually I would like run some very high hp numbers on it but for now its mostly stock and not running right.

thank you.

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

RedZed wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:32 pm
Hello,

I am thinking of upgrading fuel injectors. my current mods are intake and exhaust. I am thinking of getting an ECU and am thinking of getting it programmed for larger injectors. I also have a boost controller that I haven't installed yet.

Can I get larger injectors with these basic mods and an ECU upgrade? I don't really want to set up the vehicle to run rich but at the same point it runs really rough at idle and the injectors are stock so I think its time for an upgrade.

Eventually I would like run some very high hp numbers on it but for now its mostly stock and not running right.

thank you.
Yes you can, especially if you plan on more power later. I currently run Nismo 740 with a SZ tuned chip on oem turbos.

But you should confirm the idle issues first before any upgrades, if it turns out to be a non injector issue then you would still have rough idle after upgraded injectors and ecu. Could be just connectors causing idle for example.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”