Can I turn my 2012 nissan versa in to a tuner?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
shadycoki
Car: 2012 Nissan Versa 5 spd stickshift

(2012 nissan versa 1.6 manual transmissions 222k mils [stock])

So I've been wanting to get in to the tuner scen a bit and was wanting to modafi my versa to start off my new hobby I want it to be faster than alot of these hondas and toyotas out on the streets but I dont know where to start I can hardly find anything on others doing anything of the sorts to the versa how ever I do see photos every now and again so I think there is still hope also thanks in advance guys!

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

If it's a 2012, it's from a time before Renault had a chance to drag the quality down. I reckon replacing the suspension, tie rods, etc to make it beefy and strong. You may need to do a bit of custom fitting as well as modification.

shadycoki
Car: 2012 Nissan Versa 5 spd stickshift

So you recomend makeing it have better ground control first? And I'm still new to the scene so can you recomend what it should be best at so I can improve what it's all ready good at and should I bother getting a chip for it as well?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

There are no chips, you are like 30 years too late for that. They give you a 'tune' or software change to the computer in the car.

To be before Renault you would have to be a 2000 model or so, they were screwing up the cars long before '12.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”