Can I replace the Built in Nav with a display from my phone?

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
enoetile
Car: 2014 Q50

Hello, I just bought a 2014 Q50 and it came with the built in Nav package. After a couple of days I've decided I absolutely hate the built in Nav package. So I'm trying to find a way to stream or otherwise mirror the navigation from my phone to either the Nav screen or the lower screen. Does anyone have any advice? I've been trying to search through the forums for this information but what I found mostly just confused me more. Thanks.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi and welcome to NICO Club!

It seems to me, the easiest way, would be some sort of auxiliary in for the display. I know we have those aux. in for audio devices. I wonder if your newer car has such a thing for video devices? Maybe an aux. DVD in or something that your smart phone could use an adapter to plug into. Have you been through your owner/ user manual thoroughly to look for such a connection?

There is the old, suction cup your phone to your windshield trick, but that isn't quite as elegant as your idea.

JustAnotherG35
Car: 2017 Majestic White Q50S Premium Plus

enoetile wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:10 pm
Hello, I just bought a 2014 Q50 and it came with the built in Nav package. After a couple of days I've decided I absolutely hate the built in Nav package. So I'm trying to find a way to stream or otherwise mirror the navigation from my phone to either the Nav screen or the lower screen. Does anyone have any advice? I've been trying to search through the forums for this information but what I found mostly just confused me more. Thanks.
I believe you are referring to Apple/Android car play? Unfortunately, Q50's are not compatible with this feature.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

There is a video input available in your center console, however, I do not believe it functions while the car is in motion.

There is an aftermarket option that will soon be available to swap the head unit with an Android Auto/Apple CarPlay module, but I believe it removes the factory top display entirely. I'll see if I can find the guy that built it and direct him here.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”