Can I replace fuel injector 1, 3 and 5 without disassembly?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
FixMySUV

2000 QX4, one of my fuel injectors is going bad, it’s on the left side for the odd number cylinders. I forget which exactly, I think number 3. Anyway the odd injectors are in full view, can I replace them without taking everything apart such as the intake manifold, the fuel rail, etc? Just unscrew the injector retainer screws, pop out the injectors and pop new one in? Would it easily pop out or would there not be enough room to try and get it out?

I was also thinking about cleaning the failing injector by letting it soak in some Techron fuel injector cleaner. Would that work, or should I get a new injector?

Also I read you should match up the dot color when replacing injectors, I don’t see any blue or black dots, where would the dot be?

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

I'm guessing what you're looking at, that are in full view, are injectors 1-3-5 on the right passenger side. Injectors 2-4-6 are underneath the upper intake manifold and needs to be removed to access those fuel injectors on a 2000 3.3L QX4. Here is the factory service manual section that will help you understand the answers you need. https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 000/EC.pdf
FYI: The odd numbered cylinders and injectors are on the right passenger side, not the left driver side

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”