can i drive on 3 brake calipers only???

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
needwindowmotor
Car: 240sx 95

hey fellas, ive got basically a simple question, i just ordered a new caliper because my left rear one is grinding on my rotor,it sounds horrible and is driving me crazy, and i just ordered calipers form somoene on this site, its just not oging to get here till friday or saturday, in the mean time ive got a date, shopping, things to do......... so my question is, can i remove my brake caliper (its a kinda simple job right?) and just driev around for a few days until i cna have the new caliper professionally put on?

Bwana
Car: Denali

Are you sure the caliper is grinding on the rotor, and not the pads? You can't just remove a caliper, for a couple reasons. First off, it would cause a major brake fluid leak, which would quickly leave you with no brakes at all. Secondly, if you plugged the line off somehow your braking characteristics would be so messed up that it would be entirely unsafe to drive. Hope that helps!

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

Leave the brake caliper on.

s14_240sx
Car: 96 240sx Zenki

if you want to kill yourself, leave it off.

gabossie
Car: Your mom

You wouldn't want unbalanced braking, so I suggest just removing all four calipers. Make sure to cap the lines Seriously, don't do it.

IDriveFords
Car: 93' Nissan 240sx

Me thinks you need new pads. Calipers don't make grinding sounds unless there are no brake pads. Changing your pads is so simple, even a caveman could do it!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”