Can I connect Ipod to factory system in 2005 Xterra?

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
jacknmitch

I'm trying to figure out if my factory installed Rockford Fosgate radio (with built in 6 cd changer) has a way to connect an Ipod. Has anyone pulled this system out of the dash to see if there is an aux input?Any suggestions are welcome.

Cyclemut
Car: 2002 Xterra 4x4, 2005 Frontier 4x4

It doesn't have an aux input in the unit. You'd have to swap to an older, non-RF unit with the openings in the back to be able to do that. Then the sound really isn't that great anyway.

I think you're stuck with a modulation unit for the Ipod.

jacknmitch

I appreciate the reply, although it's not what I hoped to hear. For anyone else out there trying to do this: It seems the only option is to buy a new radio with an Ipod interface and buy an additional interface for the steering wheel controls

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

There is another way: Purchase the RF convertor for your Ipod and broadcast your Ipod music via FM radio wave to your stereo. They run about 50.00 US and plug into a regular 12V power outlet (AKA the cigarette lighter)

jtesensky
Vendor
Car: 2005 QX56, 2002 QX4

Do you have a 6 disc factory changer?

jacknmitch

yes, it's the factory installed Rockford Fosgate 6 CD changer

empty.proverb
Car: 2005 Xterra OR

yes you c,an connect your ipod. You need the wire harness and box from the dealer, it is two separate parts. While you are at the dealer, get the instructions from their computer system. Complete/ adequate instructions are not included with the parts. Remember, the parts are intended for the dealer to install. It is easy, you don't even pull the radio. With this set-up, u control the ipod through the radio, you select "what ever" and your radio will display artist and song.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”