Can automatic shifter knob be replaced in the qx4?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
leeQX4
Car: 04 I35/03 G35

Actually this is directed to nistech or anyone who has tried. Nistech, can the automatic shifter knob of the qx4/pathfinder be replaced by one from another vehicle with a few modifications. I had a black g35 loaner and it had a wood grain shifter knob, and it was maple like my interior. I want to swap out mine and put one in like the I35, Q45, G35 wood grain if possible. The reason i asked for the G35 because it has the button needed for getting out of park. I am not worried about overdrive because i never take it off, and I don't tow anything.

Is it possible to swap? I was reading the other thread on the shifter switch, and it made me think about the Qx4's ugly shift knob + the wood grain would look nice.

Lee

NISTECH

I think it could be easily done. The button operation would be your only hurdle other wise it would just swap off. It would take a bit of reasearch of the 2 vehicles to determine if it would work and what method would be easiest. it would either be swap the entire mechanicals of the shifters or just the rod itself. If i am correct the release button for the Qx4 comes from the drivers side at the the top and the G comes from the front about mid hand. The rod at minimum would have to be swaped out from the G due to the angle of the release mechinism of the button.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”