can anyone explain me what initial d battle stage is?

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
dresx240
Car: soccer, cars, racing, hoes...stuff like that

some kid at my school gave me some cd with this initial d battle stage movie. its pretty long like 30 minutes and this old a** corolla (ae86) keeps winning against rx7s, evos sil80 and a silvia. is that like a tv series in japan or is it a movie? and whats up with that gay corolla?:confused:

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

I haven't seen it, but calling a old corrola thats beating on relatively new and fast cars, gay, is stupid.. your offending Daunt... try to find out more about this movie.. i'm interested in see whats in this corrola. :squint

Jubs180
Car: my 240sx, my computers, my anime collection, learning spanish and japanese, and of course, My beauti

Initial D is a tv series or was (not sure if still has new episodes or not)..

the car is an AE86

120hp'ish why does he whoop up on all of the other fools?because he is the man.. his dad is even more the man :)

whats under the hood? pretty much stock as far as I know. just a daily driven tofu delivery carhere is a pic of what the car is in real life,I took this pic at Anime Expo in Long Beach at the beginning of the month.

-Dan

dresx240
Car: soccer, cars, racing, hoes...stuff like that

well, i'm not trying to offend anyone. i'm just trying to say that it doesn't look as good as the rx7 or the silvia and i dont think it even comes close performance wise to them, but this corolla keeps beating them in all the races. (and i forgot to meation that this is a racing anime, but it looks very good)

FrEaK

I see... Well i dunno:squint

Jubs180
Car: my 240sx, my computers, my anime collection, learning spanish and japanese, and of course, My beauti

don't get me wrong. I didn't say that I love the toyota...im just saying in the anime, he is just suppose to be a way better driver/drifter than the others , tis why he wins..its not that it is more powerful or anything..

I would take an FD over that thing :)

I still prefer my car..... with the thought of the future CA i will put in it.... and the silvia front end :)

-Dan

neurovish

it's a cartoon.In the series the justification they give is that he is racing on the downhill on very tight mountain roads with few long straight sections. The low horsepoewr is not as much of a detriment because he's got gravity to help him along, and the more powerful cars can't really use their power to much of an advantage....this is in addition to the whole 'he's an awesome driver' thing. Towards the end of the series (well, so far...it's still being added to in manga, with another anime when they get around to making one) he gets an engine that revs to 11k and makes about 240 hp.

The real ae86 is an awesome car, no pos...I'd consider trading my s14 for a good one, they're nearly impossible to find on the east coast though and usually in pretty bad shape. Take a look through http://www.club4ag.com sometime

mos21
Car: Trying new things.

He's running a highly tuned all motor hachi roku. Supposely he's so good at drifting he's able to drive at his car's fastest maximum speed on the corners with minimal loss of inertia or acceleration on the downhill. He's running a close gear ratio transmission, maximizing the acceleration of his car as well, which work well with the nature of mountain roads with minimal straightaways. In drifting circles the AE86 Trueno is the perfect drifting car...it's cheap, easy to tune, and light.

Honestly I would take a S13 Silvia,180sx or a Sil-eighty, since these cars are just as capable of drifting cars as is the hachi roku, plus you get more power, I'd get a hachi roku just to mess around.

I guess it could be possible, just makes a cool cartoon idea though!

FrEaK

Thats only logical seeing as we are on a 240sx board... :squint

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Some of yall watch way too much of that.

FrEaK

You know what Biggie I have had just about enough of you high post count and exploding avatar. That's it... you forced me into it.. bring out the..... dwarves ... :squint

Daunttless

Biggie has way too many posts. Should we erase some of his? =P

:icesangel

chrispy
Car: Rowing, wakeboarding ,being outdoors, nissans

i seen a toyota corolla with a honda s2000 engine in ti online.

FrEaK

Now there is a complete waste of time and money...

AunVoh

hey, remember, its not what you drive, but how you drive it, and if anyone here hasn't driven a AE86 they should, it's quite fun :)

FrEaK

My apologies... but i still think taking an engine that has been made to be perfectly balanced with the cars chassis is murder... or clost to it.. :squint

AunVoh

FrEaK wrote:My apologies... but i still think taking an engine that has been made to be perfectly balanced with the cars chassis is murder... or clost to it.. :squint
.... umm, what? i'm sorry, i don't understand that.....

FrEaK

To take a s2000 engine out of the car it was made for and put it into a corrolla I think is ludicrous. That's the point I'm trying to make... the s2000 engine was made for the s2000 engine and they were made to be balanced and work together like Lamb and Tunafish... why would you spend money on putting that engine into a corrolla? :squint

See what i mean?

Jubs180

IMHO.... if a hybrid works.. awesome

I have seen some pics of 240s with Supra engines in them.

maybe the person just has WAY too much money to spend and wanted to do something different.

a small 240hp 2liter in a small car like that would rule.and the weight would probably be pretty close to stock

FrEaK

Yea i see your point...It's still wierd for someone to make that specific swap...I can see someone doing the Supra 240 swap because both cars are rear wheel drive and not transverse like a corrolla... also the 240sx has stunningg good looks.. while the corrolla looks like a wet blanket...

AunVoh

hey, i don't know what your talking about, the AE86 is FRWD just like our 240's, and just like a s2000, and as far as the looks go whats wrong with the AE86? i like mine :bash

Jubs180

ahhh... hes thinking of the US corrolla.the AE86 was released here for a brief period as the corrolla GTS if im not mistaken.84-87?? i'm not sure.

it is RWD :)in japan it even had a 20valve 4cyl..mmmm

FrEaK

Oh... ok nevermind then... now i look like a fool ... lol meh... i learned something new... thanks for the info guys...:beerchug

neurovish

FrEaK wrote:To take a s2000 engine out of the car it was made for and put it into a corrolla I think is ludicrous. That's the point I'm trying to make... the s2000 engine was made for the s2000 engine and they were made to be balanced and work together like Lamb and Tunafish... why would you spend money on putting that engine into a corrolla? :squint

See what i mean?
...perhaps somebody already mentioned this, but why would you not want a high revving lightweight na motor that puts out about 240hp stock in an ae86? Even if you tune the hell out of a 4ag you'll be fortunate see that kind of power without going turbo...this is one of the few cross marque swaps I'd consider doing. I like the sound of a 4ag better though, so it'd be a tough decision.

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

theres alot of crazy engine swaps like that going on.i personally wouldnt mind checking out how much a single trubo 2JZ supra engine would run for my 240sx.i know the skylines RB engine is way too much for me, and the SR20 is a perfect price for next summer, but i'm not sure....

i would ideally like to keep it "in the nissan family" and stick with something nissan.

an S2000 engine in an old beater would be sweet though.....i would have a good time with it..... :firedevil

FrEaK

I wonder if swapping the Nissan 6 cylendar that comes in the new maxima would be possible to swap into the 240sx... although im not sure if t's transverse or not

goshoryuken
Car: Tuning, Dentistry

I'm the Initial-D freak here . .so any questions you guys have . .you can direct towards me . .cause I imported all the dvd's from Hong Kong . . The Toyota Corolle that Takumi drvives owns because it's an AE86 and has rear wheel drive . .plus a special engine from a japanese F1 car tuning company called Group A. He's an awesome drifter and that's what makes him beat all those other higher horsepowe cars. I personally have a friend in Canada who has a AE86 and it's phat . .even though the car is old . .you just love the feel of it. To this day . .many people sau that it's chassis and design is perfect. It's the best drifter. The cartoon series has come to a pause right now, but more episodes will come out in a new project called Project D. The battle stage is a collection of digitally remastered battles that the cars have in the regular anime series. There's stage 1, stage 2, stage 3 (the movie), and battles stage, as well as an extra stage which features the two girls ith the Sil-Eighty.

-Ash

AJ-SPEC
Car: 1995 240sx/se, 5 lug, no sunroof, no lsd

what's the difference between the stages? - between 1,2, and 3, and where does the battle stage and extra stage fit in?

and should I wait for the manga version to be released, or should I order it now?

Return to “240sx General Discussion”