Can Altima or Maxima seats fit in my Versa?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Nickco43
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa Note - Three Accidents and Counting!
1998 BMW 323is - Track Car

A have a very boney a** and after 30 mins of driving my a** starts to hurt. I wonder if I could go to a junkyard and get some seats from a more premium nissan model and put them in my versa. Does anyone know if this will work?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I think you have a 40% chance of them bolting up. It's not a common move, so you will be trail-blazing a bit. Start with measuring the seat rail mounting holes in both vehicles. I do know there is a half price sale at the Pic n Pull this three day weekend, so it's a good time to get over there and check out what they have.

The seats are kind of cushy in my opinion (and I got no cushion for the pushin'). Like sitting on an old office chair with a donut on it. Have you tried some different seat positions to get your body into the correct posture? 30 minutes is a short commute for a$s problems to startup. It takes mine like 5 hours on the way back from a weekend of snowboarding to fall asleep or get sore.

Your thighs should be about level with the ground. Your feet should be relaxed on the pedals and full extension should push the pedal all the way down. Your forearms should be about level with the ground while you hold the wheel at 9 and 3. You should be sitting pretty much upright, not slouching or reclined. Similar to office ergonomics.

Nickco43

I am 6ft and I have the seat almost all the way back and the seat reclined in a 85 degree angle.

I am gutting the interior this weekend to install sound deadening and I will measure the seat bracket then. $30 a seat is worth the gamble.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I'm as tall, a hair more, I put the seat back until my right knee can clear the corner of the center console stuff, by the AC switches I think, so not quite all the way back. Yeah, half price is the time to try things that might not work. Pay attention to if the rails mount to the floor or the sides of the car or transmission tunnel (I know it's not RWD, but whatever the center bump is called). That will tell you if you need to move on to the next used car seat or not pretty quick. Best of luck with the seat!

What deadening will you use? Tsunami? Dynamat? Home depot tar paper?

Nickco43

centralcoaster33 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:10 pm
I'm as tall, a hair more, I put the seat back until my right knee can clear the corner of the center console stuff, by the AC switches I think, so not quite all the way back. Yeah, half price is the time to try things that might not work. Pay attention to if the rails mount to the floor or the sides of the car or transmission tunnel (I know it's not RWD, but whatever the center bump is called). That will tell you if you need to move on to the next used car seat or not pretty quick. Best of luck with the seat!

What deadening will you use? Tsunami? Dynamat? Home depot tar paper?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UR ... UTF8&psc=1
I have used it before in my E36.

I have some pictures from the tear down.

Driver's Seat Connectors

Passenger's Seat Connectors

Took about two hours to gut the passenger compartment. I still have to do the headliner and the trunk.

Nickco43

Return to “Versa General Chat”