Can a Nissan dealer sell an Infiniti vehicle as "Infiniti Certified Preowned"?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Can a Nissan dealer sell a Infiniti vehicle as "Infiniti Certified Preowned"?
I been looking ( as I often do) at Infinitis on the 'net.

When toggling the "CPO only" search filter, (too many questionable cars FS in todays market and Infiniti CPO with its extended bumper-to-bumper is an attractive option.) some cars pop up not sold at Infiniti dealers.
But some Cars I find are sold by Nissan dealers yet the vehicle is listed as "Infiniti Certified Pre-owner" CPO and it links to Infiniti's CPO website for warranty coverage ( as they often do).

Now I know in some cases from independents it never actually a Infniti CPO but their certification program with different ( lesser) coverage etc.
But anyone know if thats legit for a Nissan dealer to claim he can sell an Infiniti as Infiniti CPO?

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Good question. Perhaps better answered by a lawyer, which I am not. If I had to guess, my answer would be yes, but only under the right scenario. For example, if an Infiniti vehicle was sold by an Infiniti dealer using their CPO program and the customer later traded it to a non-Infiniti dealer with some time remaining on that CPO "warranty", I suppose the current dealer could technically advertise it as "Infiniti certified pre-owned" assuming the CPO warranty is transferrable, which I believe many Inifiniti CPO's are. The prime concerns I see are the duration of that coverage and what's specifically covered. The truth is in the details which means you'd have to do some digging. As with most ads, if it sounds "too good to be true", it probably is. Welcome to advertising.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

We can't do recalls or warranty repairs on Infinitis at the Nissan dealership, even though we have all the tools and documentation. So my guess would be no. However, if the dealer is part of a chain, it's not uncommon for the same ride to be listed by different dealerships under the same banner, then dealer-traded out to whichever dealer sells it.

macgiver

:spitout: Shell game ??? :rotfl

Return to “General Chat”