camshaft shims

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
racemonkey11

Hey guys the other day all the shims and buckets fell on the ground and they are all out of order now. I checked the shims and noticed that all of them are the exact same size so my question is, If I were to still use the same cams that were on there before do i still need to check for clearance problems if i just put them on in however order since they are all the same size?

racemonkey11

Anyone? I know someone has to know something with everyone building their motors.

Razi
Car: Moo

I'd double check the clearances just in case.

eazye2000
Car: S13 KA-DET

You are going to have to put the buckets back in the head, and reinstall the cams. Then check your clearance, AND WRITE IT DOWN. Then figure out which has too little, or too much. Then get to doing some math.

It sounds harder than it really is. There are a bunch of threads all over the internet on how to do this.

iceman1357

eazye2000 wrote:You are going to have to put the buckets back in the head, and reinstall the cams. Then check your clearance, AND WRITE IT DOWN. Then figure out which has too little, or too much. Then get to doing some math.

It sounds harder than it really is. There are a bunch of threads all over the internet on how to do this.
+1

yes you are not F'd a little lube, pen, paper, feeler gauges and some math is all you need.

superDorifto
Car: 1997 Eclipse Spyder - AWD/5spd swap in progress
1995 Q45 - 5spd swap in progress
1984 200sx hatch(KA-t swap) - 355WHP
1991/1993/1995/1997 240s - Dead
1982 200sx hatch - fixed/scrapped

Game over man....game over

Time to buy an SR....or an FSM, either or....and by buy I mean DL for free. Because everything on the internet is free.
:yesnod

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

honestly it probly be good if all shims are same size..... not recommended but it run fine

Its kinda of like how they say you have to have cylinder head torqued before you adjust valve clearance. You should :rotflmao but it will run fine.

Now last 100,000 miles probly not-
if you drive it like you stole it probly not

Just sayin its not gonna BLOW UP and it run fine you guys make it sound all SCARY.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”