CAMs

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Silviagirl79
Car: I love Silvias, Skylines, Soul Calibur II, and GT3

96_S14_SE wrote:Yeah the grey one, that was originally that blue grey color and had been broken into way back hehe He was going to sell it and keep the cherokee, so he stripped the parts off, but sold the cherokee and replaced everything.

Anyway the clutch line is there as well as the master cyl and both pedals (had to goto bestbuy anyway so I stopped), its still in the same place (same row), and the line should be 3$. They also have the trim peice with a slighty used boot (needs a new one), but I grabbed the better of the 2 in the yard, months ago :) If you need one that is..

Nice thread jacking btw hehe

Ok are you still talking about the place in Daytona??! If everything's still there I will go there today. Only problem is I know jack about cars and so does my husband so we prolly wouldnt be able to get the stuff off the car. :thinker

That's pathetic I love cars so much and want to learn so much just no one to teach me...and I cant learn from the net i need to be taught in person.

96_S14_SE
Car: 96 S14 SE - 05 VW GTI 1.8t - 89 S13 coupe "gold on brown"

Sorry was out last night. Yeah I believe all you'll need is a 10mm wrench (or adjustable would suffice), but if you went out there (yes same place and the car is where I said it would be) you'd know that. The line is disconnected at the slave as the tranny and engine are gone. All you need is to loosen the hardline at the master cyl. and it will come right out. Couldnt be any simpler.

Oh and if you cant get it mabey Ill run out and get it and we could meet up. Or I could just remove the thing and leave it in the car.

Silviagirl79

Yeah any of those options would be fine...Could u call and see how much the guy will sell the master cylinder, slave cylinder, lines and pedals assembly for?

Email me at [email protected]

96_S14_SE

Hey R240NA you can answer this again with me in FA advanced hahaha. Same question same rumor.

king240

S14Zilvia wrote:DAMN!! won't you have idle problems, loss of low end power, and all that with such a long duration?

It may, but I ordered these cams to work with what I have, 4.64 rear gears(nismo) 10.25-1 compression,header,ported&polish,injun, 1mm overbore, can't wait for spring!

R240NA

96_S14_SE wrote:Hey R240NA you can answer this again with me in FA advanced hahaha. Same question same rumor.

I'm going to have bullets custom made that despell myths about cams as I shoot the person asking the question.

dirtysouth240sx
Car: street racing

just get the after market CAMs from jim wolf technology....

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

SilviaGrl, just so you know, Nismo offers a steel-braided clutch line, I just ordered mine today, 80 bucks shipped.

Silviagirl79

APEXi240 wrote:SilviaGrl, just so you know, Nismo offers a steel-braided clutch line, I just ordered mine today, 80 bucks shipped.

Thanx but I believe the ones I got from the junkyard will work fine. Thank you though. Where could I find the steel braided lines if I needed them?

s13 ka24det
Car: my car!!!!!!!!!

i need help i put an ex. cam[248] on the intake side and it shifted my power band down like3500rpms to 6000rpms ~it was 4000rpms to 7000rpms is this right?? i dont know HELP!!!!

I am Technoman
Car: ???

s13 ka24det wrote:i need help i put an ex. cam[248] on the intake side and it shifted my power band down like3500rpms to 6000rpms ~it was 4000rpms to 7000rpms is this right?? i dont know HELP!!!!

If you put an Ehxaust cam on the intake side did you have the dowl pin reset to make it a intake cam?

s13 ka24det
Car: my car!!!!!!!!!

no I did not the only thing i did waschanged the timing mark on the cams and timing chains

NormCarpio
Car: Silvias, drifting and sr20de-t engines

I'm trying to get CAMs and I read that an Altima intake CAM and a 93 240 exhaust CAM have higher temp. duration but what year altima is it and can anyone confirm this?are there any alternatives for my CAMs... any testimonials?

I have the 96 Altima shop manual and the specs say that the intake cam is indeed 248 deg.

96_S14_SE

Good lord man dont you read? All you had to do was read the first page and youd know the alti cams DO NOT WORK. :)

NormCarpio

hey 96_S14_SE

I just talked to someone who did the mod. So take your sarcastic comments and put them where the moon don't shine. No need to be a jack ***...

NormCarpio

96_S14_SE

NormCarpio

by the way, my first post on this thread:

"I'm trying to get CAMs and I read that an Altima intake CAM and a 93 240 exhaust CAM have higher temp. duration but what year altima is it and can anyone confirm this?are there any alternatives for my CAMs... any testimonials?"

was a cut and paste of someone else's question. I was just replying to say that I know someone who did the mod and THE MOD DOES WORK.

No offense 96_S14_SE

=)

96_S14_SE

It didnt look like a cut and paste to me, as one generally "quotes" someone elses words. Sorry if I came off rude, but it loked like you simply asked the question. The specs on the alti cam durations had been posted prior anyway though.

Could you possibly direct me to this individual, btw.

I dont believe it and wont untill I see proof. Besides myself, many MUCH more knowledgeable people in other boards have also stated it doesnt work.

And here is the kicker..... Now why would Nissan mortorsports of North America go through the hassle of repinning a 240sx ka24de exhaust cam so that it correctly lines up as an intake cam? That would be a rather assinign move on there part if thay had a ready to go, drop in, 248° intake cam. Its because the alti cam doesnt work.... If it did they wouldnt repin the exhaust cam for the intake side.

If you saw the same rumor go around for years on end in the s-chassis community, you'd get rather aggrivated by it too.

edit: Oh and welcome to NIco :)

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

before this turns in the wrong direction...

altima cams DO NOT WORK.

if this other person can come here and prove that the altima cam does work, then fine. but until then, do not pass out unproven hearsay info.

thank you.

-demetrius

96_S14_SE

demcj wrote:before this turns in the wrong direction...
I wasnt about to let that happen :)

NormCarpio

demcj,

you can look at it that way, or let's turn this around: First, I'm not talking about cams from a qr25de engine. Are those the cams you are referring to? If so you are right. They will not fit.

I'm talking about the cam from altimas w/the ka24de engine...the same one on the s-13 240sx but in fwd format.

The intake cam on this engine has 248 degrees and it is the same as on the s-13 240sx.

NO ONE has provided proof positive that this cam will not work. I just bought a ka24de intake cam from an altima and will install it next week.

NOW, give me a VALID reason why this mod wouldn't work. If my enging blows up then I'll rest my case. (I hope it does so I can have a valid excuse to buy an sr20det) Until then, let's not ASSUME anything...fair enough?

Peace

Norm

NormCarpio

Hey 96_S14_SE, Thanks man I appreciate your diplomacy.

Peace,

Norm =)

96_S14_SE

Im going to guess your journals wont line up....

If it was plug and play and that easy then Nissan motorsports would just use the altima cam. But they dont, and go through the hassle or drilling each s13 dohc exhaust cam out and re-pinning them so that they may be used on the intake side, because the altima cams do not work.

Why would Nissan add extra production costs, for the hell of it? Nope, cause the ka altima cam simply doesnt work.

Are you saying you know better then there engineers?

Please dont damage a perfectly good KA (doubt youll get it in to even try it though as my journal guess)...

shawns1234

Ok... calm down! haha

When it is said that dropping 91-93 240 cams in provides for 8-9 rwhp, is this horsepower noticed all through the rev, or just above say ~ 4500 RPMs. I assume that you guys have altered the rev limiter..if so, point me in the direction that SAFELY shows how to do that, and lastly, does redlining at say ~7000+ RMPs cause other possible engine damage?

I ask these questions because I have 122000 miles ( not that this is too much for our beautiful cars ) and I don't want to do something that will likely kill it because I can't keep my foot out of the gas!

96_S14_SE

So Norm? Did all go well???

I had forgotten about this post.... Anyway the s13 cams when dropped in reduce low - med and gain mostly in the peak or upper range.

There was a thread going on in FA that states the s14 232-232 had the best low - mid performance with high end quite lacking. The 248 - 248 setup showed the most highend gain with the most low - mid drop. The 240-248 gained over the s14 cams up high still, but also subpar to the lowend of the s14.

Another option thrown out was a 248-232 setup. It was stated a cpl of ponies up top where lost to the 248-248, but a couple of ponies where gained over it from low to mid. It still had more high gain then the 232-232 (didnt choke the engine up), and was compairable to the mid range.

If you want to read the thread its HERE and contains soem decent info. Look out for the bunny.

I am Technoman
Car: ???

technoman wrote:I got 8hp from using nissmo CAMS.

maybe more.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”