Camera control module failure

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
chadt5382
Car: Nissan Rogue

First post.

I have a 2016 SL model and the camera function stopped completely. Dealer quoted over $1000 to replace the faulty camera control module after diagnosis. 700+ for the part and 250 for labour.
https://frsport.com/nissan-284a1-4bd1b-control-module
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2016-NISSAN-ROG ... 4033091280

Part number is 284A1-4BD1B and they are telling me that it must be done by a dealer as it needs to be calibrated in house.
Found a similar part number (284A1-4BD1A) at a local wrecker for $160- but not certain it will work as I have the around view and a vin search shows it ending in B.

Car only has 65K km's on it- seems crazy that an ECU would fail already.

Anyone had similar experience or know if it might be something else?
Dealer charged me $160 already to confirm power and connections to the unit.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Unless this was covered %100 under warranty, I wouldn’t bother. The more electronic gizmos that a vehicle has the more possibilities of things going bad. A rear view camera? Ok the Rogue is hard to see out of the back when backing up, surround view, is unneeded ancillary equipment. Turn it off or leave it non functioning and save yourself $1000.

There comes a time when you just say “well that was nice while it lasted” and move on. The problem is you had to pay extra for all this stuff that you didn’t really need. Navigation, forward emergency braking, surround view, lane departure, etc etc.. All those goodies added thousands to the purchase price. None of those goodies are needed.

chadt5382
Car: Nissan Rogue

Couldn't agree more but it helps my wife park and it's her daily driver.
If I cant fix it for a couple hundred- it will be exactly that- nice when it still worked.....

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Screenshot_2020-07-07 Microsoft Word - Position Statement Wheels Final doc - 24713 pdf.png
To give you an idea of how Nissan calibrates just the rear view camera:

You could try replacing the parts, but the camera system most likely won't work until the cameras are calibrated. Unfortunately I've been unable to find anything that will let you calibrate the cameras yourself.

Return to “Rogue Forum”