Camber/Toe

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
04G356MT
Car: 04 G35 6MT

Okay so ive been lowerd on Tien S-techs for a few months now and im starting to notice the uneven tire wear ive been putting off on a camber kit but i have a few questions now that its time to buy it. When i buy my kit do I need to buy something to correct Camber/Toe or will just a F/R camber kit suffice...

04G356MT

as much as i hate to bump my own thread it was starting to dissappear into the abyss and i know im not the only one who is lowered

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Hard to say for sure without knowing where your alignment is now. The dilemma is whether or not you want to pay to have it measured so you can determine what adjustments will be needed. The catch is you may end up paying for an alignment and needing all the parts anyways. Perhaps try and negotiate with your shop as you don't need the alignment performed on the first pass. Just the measurements.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

dude...I totally misread your topic...I thought it was camel....well nevermind.

04G356MT

lol way to have your head in the gutter joe, and yea i was trying to refrain from going to get an alignment before hand and was just hoping some could post thier specs

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

Each inch of lowering makes the camber 0.83 degrees more negative than it was before lowering. Simple TRIG.

Bump steer is the problem as is the camber curve................unless you redesign the suspension attachment points you can fix the static alignment back into spec but the curve changes.................the curves are set to maximum at standard ride height and fall off as you compress or expand away from standard.

Why even with camber, caster, and toe adjustable arms the suspension is never RIGHT.................you can improve things greatly with special tie rod ends [spacers] which return the parallelism to steering tie rod angle.

Lowering is a cosmetic mod that often creates serious problems.

pae9132
Car: Modified 03 V35

I am going through the same thing...I have the Tein S Tech springs and my front camber is at negative 2. The stock front A Arms are non adjustable...I talked to a guy who specializes in alignment and he said I should just buy the front arms for now and then do the alignment because if I do the alignment first then I will have to pay for it twice for sure. If the front arms work and the back is ok then I will only be paying for it once. Supposedly the back camber isn't too bad when lowering the car. Has anyone here heard of a company called Top Speed Pro1? Thier camber arms look good but I never heard of them. If I don't get those then I am going to go with Kinetix which come with a lifetime warranty.http://www.driftfactory.com/pr...8d949

04G356MT

well if you get yours before mine let me know how your alighnment went i should be getting mine sometime after xmas so yea

pae9132

Ok I should be able to let you know before then. I decided to go with the Kinetix because the guys at the shop I go to never heard of the other company and I even sent them a question about the warranty and I haven't gotten a response. I should be able to get the Kinetix A arms on next week and I will let you know how the alignment goes.

Harganz
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Silver)

Ok so i did some research on this and I found kits from Eibach that were $60 and others from stillen that range up to $900......

Does anyone have a camber kit on their G and if they do are they satisfied with it? Where did you get it from?

pae9132

Ok well I had my front A arms installed today but I can't get them aligned until monday. The guys at the shop said they looked pretty good though as far as the quality so hopefully they don't give me any issues. I went with the kinetix upper arms for the front because that's where most of the trouble is. I'm planning on leaving the back stock for now. The kinetix also use urethane but they put grease points on them which is to be used with a grease gun to keep them quiet. I will update the degrees they are set at on monday.

pae9132

Got the alignment done. Ended up with front left at .90 neg and front right at .95 neg. This is about where I wanted it. It's a little out of specs from the factory but it still adds a little extra handling. The rears are at neg 1.5 and neg 1.55. They couldn't adjust them anymore on factory suspension parts. I used the Kinetix front A arms. So far so good

toddnos
Car: 2003 infiniti g35 sedan

so what did the kinetic arms cost? im on s techs, and will eventually need to do this as well....especially when i get rims..

toddnos
Car: 2003 infiniti g35 sedan

Q45tech wrote:Lowering is a cosmetic mod that often creates serious problems.
lol....

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

camber is not what kills tires, the toe settings cause more problems than anything. I have -1.3 f/-1.5f & -1.5 both rear and have no uneven tire wear. I do get some tire feathering but i just rotate the tires to even it out. if you can't rotate you can reverse mount the tires.

Kenrik
Car: 240Sx Coupe, G35 Coupe, Versa Hatch

I go through tires so fast it does not even matter.. I drive 30k per year and I went through two SETS last year..

Just get the tires reverse mounted halfway through their life-span and you should be fine.

IlsG35
Car: 2003 graphite 6speed G35

Hey 04G356MT if u willin to make the drive to rockville i can do it for u i got fully adjustable suspension on my G so if u want i can put ur stuff in for u but u r gonna need front upper control arms to adjust front camber n for the rear im pretty sure i can get it to come in as long as its not more then 3 degrees... but yea if ur willing to make the drive let me know..sunday is the best day to come by..call 301 762 7627.. thats my job number an ask for oscar (thats me) n let me know my cell is disconnected right now so yea ust call there...

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

Am I the only one who believes in lifetime alignment policies???

When I lowered my I30, I had to get one. It cost me $150 and it paid for itself within 3 months.

When you lower your car, your alignment doesn't want to stay. The benefit the G has over the I is that there are upper and lower control arms which allow for adjustability up top. The I30 used eccentric bolts to adjust camber and they shift easily.

I would definately find a trustworthy shop and get a lifetime or multi-year alignment policy. I haven' t gotten one on my G or my wife's Celica yet, because we're poor at the moment.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”