Camber problems

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Illmatic.45acp

I'm new to the forums & I'm in need of some help. I have a 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 se. I recently replaced my front struts, front wheel hubs, inner and outer tie rods & the transaxle on passenger side. Went to get alignment and was told camber angle is still off on passenger side and car pulls in that direction. What could be the cause of this?

macgiver

mac, can you state how many degrees out , also sounds like impact damage on passenger side ? Don't bang your head to find out out the "elusive why" so much as what can correct it which can be easier than most think.If acceleration pulls right - then probably too much neg. camber on that passenger strut geometry. If pulls right when braking or heavy eng. braking then probably "straight-up", or even pos. camber on pass. geometry.Pulling from camber due to inner vs outer tire contact being "exagerrated"-square tires WORSE.
Tip - camber can be dealt with +- 2 deg. (if non integral strut/spindle) by loosening two strut to spindle bolts and forcing inwards or outwards and then tightening - you got that much leeway (usually).To get more angle deflection - you would "slot" the strut's hole (gotta pick a top or bottom hole) Now you may have 3+ deg. possible play! :rotfl What you need is a torpedo level or better yet a "protractor-360 deg." (round) level. held against your wheel ("Mags" may need a wood template to be able to register "vert. angle proper).
:yesnod

Illmatic.45acp

Here is a picture of my printout after alignment. Image I was thinking maybe something wasn't torqued to spec. Appreciate the input. I just want to know what I have to do to fix it.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”