camber is retardedly out of whack after ball joint replacement

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
thecoonasswelder
Car: 1984 Nissan 720 4x4 2.4L

hey everyone, I'm new to the forum but have been using it sense I got my first 84 720 4x4 a couple months ago. when I got my 720 the previous owner had been running some 35x14.50 thornbirds which thus wore the front end slap out. the problem is when a Buddy and I replaced the upper and lower ball joints the top of the tires were cambered out to a rediculous point. I done some searching and found out about 4x4parts.com's lift that came with the new upper control arms and add-a-leafs. when I tore the front end down to change the Control arms over I found about 5 shims behind each bolt. I'm guessing the previous owner had a front end alignment on the bad ball joints. after installing the new control arms with zero shims the camber is still retardedly out of whack. at first I thought I may have indexed the t-bars incorrectly but the more I look at it I'm leaning towards somethings ups with the lower ball joints. it appears the upper control arms push the upper ball joints further out than the lower arms and the stud on the lower balljoints are angled in towards the truck as far as they can go??? I'm clueless on this one guys PLEASE HELP. and if anyone can tell me how to post pics I will to give tall a better idea of the situation

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi there and welcome to NICO Club. I'm sorry I don't know of a good fix for you, but I agree, pictures of the lift kit and joints might help. You can post using these instructions:
post6755636.html?hilit=how%20to%20post% ... s#p6755636

Return to “Datsun 720”