cam question!!!

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
singlecamhonduhkilla
Car: learning all i can about this car.. some street racing.. etc..

i got this cam from a single cam truck for free.. and i was wondering if i could use it in my 89.. or even use it as a back up or rebuild it as a performance? would it work at all... please helpjoe

MarkEmark
Car: fully-built '95 240sx KA-T

sure, just pop it right in! piece of cake, right? No, you can't just throw any type of cam in your car. What kind of truck is it from? If its from a Nissan with a a KA24E engine ( assuming the '89's had the single cam KA24E, I'm almost positive they did...) then it might work, you have to take into account the different shim thicknesses due to imperfections between two KA24E's...definitely would need new shims. Sorry, you can't "rebuild" any cam to performance specs, you can regrind them, however, to different intake/exhaust degrees/lifts, but it will cost at least $150 probably...

singlecamhonduhkilla
Car: learning all i can about this car.. some street racing.. etc..

ok another question.. but not about cams.. about a/c compressors.. would a 93 compressor work for my 89?

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

The nissan hardbody cam would move your powerband down in the RPMs and you would likely lose a little high end horsepower. It 'should' bolt right in with no problems, since the 2 share the same cylinder head specs.

A/C compressors should be interchangeable within the S13 chassis.

1991240xs

wrong...93 compressor has a different bolt pattern than an 89...won't fit right-

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”