Calsonic radiator

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Nismo Sr22GT
Car: College, taking care of my GF and Son, street racing, tuning cars, anything car related.

hello guys, i have a 98 240sx, and i recetly found out something, that i have two fans and that on myradiator, a "Calsonic" emblem is on the radiator, is this stock for all other s14s? bcs i thought we only had the fan thats connected to the motor doing all the cooling, found out that there is also an electric fan right next to the radiator, is this stock or aftermarket??? im very curious to know bcs i might havethe chance to get rid of the fan connected to my motor and just run off the elect fan, im not the first owner of my car, its been ownedby someone else so i dnt know if he did this or if its stock, any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks

juazam_186
Car: Cars & Computers

Nismo,I have a '91 KA24DE.My radiator comes stock w/two fans.One, bolted to the water pump. And an auxilliary fan(1/2 pint) that is an electric. This is 'stock'Re: The Calsonic Sticker, upon visual inspection of my radiator, there is NO visible emblem on my stock Radiator.I hope some of this INFO helps you. Peace.:icesangel

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

Calsonic makes the radiators for Nissan. You should have a mechanical fan and an electric fan which turns on with the A/c. If you have no mechanical fan but two electrics then you have an aftermarket set up.

PabloHoney

I took the clutch fan out a couple weeks ago and rewired the electric through a toggle switch. Easy to do, there is a write-up on 240sx.org for it.

Nismo Sr22GT
Car: College, taking care of my GF and Son, street racing, tuning cars, anything car related.

was it worth the change? ive been thinking about doing that, along with port and polish the head, header, no cat, s13 exhaust cams, accel wires, denso iridium sp, act stage 2 clutch, bm short shifter and 70 shot of nos. what do u guys think?

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”