Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
RCA

It's release date is coming soon... :woot:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/05 ... -magazine/

So excited! Won't be buying it on it's release date because I think it might suck. We will see.

IBCoupe
Car: '08 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE
'19 Infiniti QX50 FWD
'17 BMW 330e iPerformance

Who's making it? Activision or Treyarch?

RCA

What's left of Activision and mostly Sledgehammer.

I think Activision is acting like a manager to make sure Sledge keeps the same MW feel.

LocAL_anarchy
Car: 08 Mustang GT
95 Nissan 240sx
96 Ford Explorer Sport

RCA wrote:So excited! Won't be buying it on it's release date because I think it might suck. We will see.
I think everyone feels the same way. However, like lemmings, most of us (myself included), will probably still be picking it up asap.

Right now, the only '3' I'm concerned with is preceded by the word 'Battlefield'.

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

LocAL_anarchy wrote:Right now, the only '3' I'm concerned with is preceded by the word 'Battlefield'.
I agree 100%...Battlefield looks AMAZING!!!Unless modern warfare 3 just blows away expectations, I don't see myself jumping on this one until its been out for a while. I don't know about you guys but I was kinda disappointed with MW2.

RCA

orangeNblue wrote:I don't know about you guys but I was kinda disappointed with MW2.
What?

That game was amazing, the support was s***.
But that's what happens when Infinity Ward breaks up overnight while the game needs patching. To be honest MW2 is the 2nd best CoD outside of the first Modern Warfare. Any one remember the single player campaign? It turned out to be one of the best movies I've ever seen.

OMA, Danger Close, Noob Tubes, Unlimited Sprint Marathon, Commando Lunges.
These were the biggest issues with MW2 and to stop most of the non-sense a simple rule like "No OMA with Tubes" settles it.

Now with a more stable leadership, MW3 can become great if they stick the plan and don't fu*k with the formula.

IBCoupe
Car: '08 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE
'19 Infiniti QX50 FWD
'17 BMW 330e iPerformance

Ugh. Nothing beats Call of Duty: United Offensive. Now that I have a new video card, I might just reinstall it to see how it was supposed to look the last time I played it.

orangeNblue

I'm not saying I didn't have fun with the game but every time I played, I was sitting there thinking to myself "I miss MW1." I played MW2 all the way up until Black Ops came out and to be completely honest I like that game much better. The single player storyline was great and a lot of fun to play! Sniping felt much better, no tubing like crazy, and the guns felt more responsive and accurate.

MW3 I'm sure will have solutions to a lot of the problems people have with MW2 but Infinity Ward isn't going to be a part of it this time. The game may turn out to be great and I honestly really hope it is bc I'm interested to see where they take the story. But it's this game will be one of those I'm waiting to see how people review it before I jump on it.

RCA

orangeNblue wrote:Black Ops came out and to be completely honest I like that game much better. The single player storyline was great and a lot of fun to play! Sniping felt much better, no tubing like crazy, and the guns felt more responsive and accurate.

But it's this game will be one of those I'm waiting to see how people review it before I jump on it.
I have read tons about this argument (MW2 vs Blops) and you are a very small minority. Blops single player was cool; it had some twists, had some turns but at the end of the day it was "cool".

The ending was eh...
  • "It's over, we won"
    ::rock music begins to play as a submarine pulls up while fighter jets fly over head"
As for the guns...
  • Sniping felt better? You mean you couldn't quick scope? Or it felt "real".
    Agreed with the tubing. It was a combo of removing Danger Close and adding it's exact opposite (Flak Jacket).
    Responsive and accurate? How? The hip spread of all guns in Blops are much larger than in MW2. Recoil in Blops is through the roof compared to MW2. I tell you what, I'll line up 500 yards away with my MW2 ACR, you can grab any automatic gun in Blops. We will see what's more accurate :chuckle:

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

Hoping this game is better than black ops, ill buy it like i did every other COD game, I did not play much of black ops other than the campaign.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

orangeNblue wrote:I'm not saying I didn't have fun with the game but every time I played, I was sitting there thinking to myself "I miss MW1." I played MW2 all the way up until Black Ops came out and to be completely honest I like that game much better. The single player storyline was great and a lot of fun to play! Sniping felt much better, no tubing like crazy, and the guns felt more responsive and accurate.
I agree with this more. I think Blops felt more realistic. It was also smarter with what you said RCA about no quick scope and other perks. Ive said this time and time again, I hated MW2. I think the campaign was better than MW2 as well. I played MW1 but honestly dont really remember the gameplay. I just remember 3,4,7 killstreaks and a few levels.

I hope MW3 is alittle more futuristic and/or high tech with creative killstreaks, like between Blops and homefront, and has a Blops feel to it.

Blops > MW1 (close 2nd) > MW2

ModernViking
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S Precision Grey Metallic

LocAL_anarchy wrote:
RCA wrote:So excited! Won't be buying it on it's release date because I think it might suck. We will see.
I think everyone feels the same way. However, like lemmings, most of us (myself included), will probably still be picking it up asap.

Right now, the only '3' I'm concerned with is preceded by the word 'Battlefield'.
Saw previews and reviews for Battlefield 3 and it looks awesome. I'm anxious to play with the frostbite 2 engine.

Also, I heard that Activision was going to be dropping, "Call of Duty" from the title?

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

A challenger appears:
Unless they do something really crazy with the MW series it holds NO interest for me...

orangeNblue

I really like black ops. My opinion would be MW1>Black Ops(very close 2nd)>>>MW2
By sniping I meant that its harder to actually snipe individual people from afar. Seems like there is a more realistic feel there. I didn't think quick sniping changed any, bc I could do it just as well as I could with MW2.
The ACR was my favorite gun in MW2 also. I was beast with that weapon. Kinda like Commando in Black Ops.

I am looking forward to the fps war of the fall. I honestly believe that battlefield 3 will win the battle and its the only one I currently plan on buying. I will probably be resubscribing to gamefly again just so that I can try all these games out. Gears of war 3, MW3, Rage, even the picture above looks promising.

I just recently picked up Brink as well. It's not too bad and plays much different, yet similar to call of duty....which I think is great because it's something fresh and new

alms24sebring

orangeNblue wrote: I didn't think quick sniping changed any, bc I could do it just as well as I could with MW2.
LIES! ALL LIES!!

RCA

It's been all over Gen Chat (not sure why) but here you go...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiTJbr9m04[/youtube]

alms24sebring

Yep and locked (dont know why)

Not ganna lie, its looks good. I love shooter games that take place in modern time in the real world. Its also different than what I woulda expected. Still, a teaser is a teaser. Its like when you see a commercial for a bacon mushroom melt at Wendy's that looks all good, hot, and perfectly shaped. But when you go get it, its all sloppy with dry meat, tiny mushrooms, and instant cheese that gives you the shoots later on.

orangeNblue

^lol

this is why I'm afraid to buy a shooter this fall. I'm going to have to get gamefly so I can try both before I make my purchase. Battlefield looks great and will have a great single player experience, but on the other hand I love having killstreaks and not having to be dependent on a team. My friends and I play quite a bit, but we aren't all on at the same time about 50% of the time so for me it'll be all about a game where I can still do great and win even if I get stuck on a really crappy team

orangeNblue

Something I thought may be of interest to you guys

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... -of/714784

LocAL_anarchy
Car: 08 Mustang GT
95 Nissan 240sx
96 Ford Explorer Sport

Not bad. The duel scope set-up looks promising.

RCA

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

Oh look it Modern Warfare 2 all over again... Battlefield 3 will probably be better so long as EA doesn't screw up the winning formula they have, which sadly will probably happen.

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

Looks exactly like all the other Cods...WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP BUYING THIS s***.

RCA

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Oh look it Modern Warfare 2 all over again... Battlefield 3 will probably be better so long as EA doesn't screw up the winning formula they have, which sadly will probably happen.
Since when did Battlefield have a winning formula?
ScorchedNX2K wrote:Looks exactly like all the other Cods...WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP BUYING THIS s***.
Because of it's winning formula. I'm getting tired of it too, but the story mode is too awesome. What I buy will be based off of what my friends buy.
Last edited by RCA on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orangeNblue

ScorchedNX2K wrote:Looks exactly like all the other Cods...WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP BUYING THIS s***.
Bc its fun. A class based online multiplayer is alright, but RCA is right tho. COD has a winning formula and as long as the games are decently fun, they'll keep making bank off of it. Neither is going to have bad graphics or a crappy story. And both are going to be fun FPS games. It's just going to come down to whether you like battlefield or cod....

alms24sebring

Wow ok super suprised this hasnt been bumped..

I didnt buy it but my roomate did for the 360, Gotta say the layout is exactly like MW2. I have only played a few games but I can say that I do like the new/upgraded killstreaks alot. But, I dont like the 2 bullet kills like in MW2, that was a big reason why I hated it. Also f*** a predator missle. I see that almost everyone has it on my friends list, so, what do you guys think?

orangeNblue

I really like the game! But I agree with you it's annoying to play core and be killed like it's hardcore. It's a lag issue in my opinion and it sucks balls!!! I really never cared for the killstreak setup and how the work together in the MW games, but oh well. It's not to hard to play against it.

I LOVE the reaper!! Hands down my favorite killstreak every. Laser guided predator missiles FTW! Plus I like that you can set up each class to have its own everything. I have a support class where I average 15-22 assists per game and usually always have 3k in xp. then two assault classes with different killstreaks.

All in all I think they did a great job. No game will be perfect, but this one is better than MW2 by far and a little better than black ops....

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

got to the 3rd mission in the SP campaign in 45 minutes on Hardened and only had a hard time on the last section of the sub where you have to get to the control room, other than that it's pretty easy so far. I do love a game that asks if you want to skip part of it due to "disturbing content". I said no of course but I can't help but wonder if Rainbow Six 3 will due the same thing bc the whole game has you fighting terrorists in NYC. Strange that BF3 didnt give a content warning.

alms24sebring

Yeah I thought mowing down civilians in the mall in MW2 was alittle extreme.

Cool. I hope to play more later on. I like the fact that you can create everything in a class including killsteaks. Thats what CoD needed. My roommate is actually going to Texas for like 10 days and hopefully he will leave his game stuff there for me to play while hes gone. Has anyone tried Special Ops yet? impossible as hell?

ThatGuyRoger
Car: 08 Super Black Altima Coupe 2.5S

The campaign story is actually a pretty good story to conclude from the following MW's. As for online, yeah there's the issue of dying after taking a few shots at the same time unloading half a clip at the opponent. Compared to BF3, i like BF's knife/melee better than MW3, when running around a corner and the enemy take a swipe and you're dead before you can pop a shot off. I haven't tried Special Ops yet, but overall the game is very enjoyable, besides cussing a storm at the opponent on multiplayer.

Return to “Gaming”