3)Village

SBC 240Z

No love for Dome? haha out of context, I looooooove getting Dome

LocAL_anarchy
Car: 08 Mustang GT
95 Nissan 240sx
96 Ford Explorer Sport

Yeah, out of context, Dome is niiiice!

In context? Not really feeling it. Nuketown at least had some good lines of sight, and was pretty fluid with all the game types. Not with Dome. I usually play Domination. And if you go against a halfway decent team, if they capture A or C, and B, they can lock down the map without trying to get to your A or C, and pick you off easily. Which is true on any map, but it just seems REALLY prevalent on this one.

I started playing with friends and co-workers last night, and I definitely noticed how easy it is to win with a good team and tactical communication, especially when we all took different assault and support killstreaks.

SBC 240Z

I agree with you Anarchy, playing Domination on Dome (talk about really out of context) is a pain in the a** because C & B are too easy to guard for the defending team. I don't know what's going on but every time I play Domination now I go negative on my K/D, I guess I'm too focused on capturing points and I get reckless.

On a side note, last night I felt dirty and cheap. I was playing regular TDM on Seatown, shortly after the match started several people left. This left four people on my team (all of us had prestiged at least once) and three people on the other team (two level 5s and a 19, no prestige). The ensuing destruction left me feeling bad about myself, we beat them 7500 to 1100. I went 23-3 I didn't see what my teammates did. Afterwards I was happy to improve my k/d by so much but I felt bad for the guys because they were good sports, anyone else would have gotten pissed off and left the match early on but they stuck it out and genuinely gave it their best. Had they talked a bunch of smack I probably wouldn't feel this way but I guess they were those rare people that play the game just for fun.

ThatGuyRoger
Car: 08 Super Black Altima Coupe 2.5S

anyone play drop zone? that game type gets intense.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

Thats what my roommate plays alllllll day. I thinks its a great idea for a game catagory.

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

I played it for a little while...I was having fun, but the people I play with take the game to seriously and got tired of it really fast to I had to quit suggesting it, lol

SBC 240Z

If you're playing this on PSN what's your gamer tag. I've got several people on my friends list that consistently go 25-5 but they're always on at oddball hours.

Hybrid-S130 :add me, tired of getting stuck with random people that play Kill Confirmed and don't bother to collect dog tags or on Domination they don't bother to capture points.

SBC 240Z

I'm only going off of what they've released so far and a bunch of RUMINT but it seems like they're going to release the two new map packs nearly a month earlier for Xbox than for PSN and PC Elite users. Why? They can't use the cost of XBL as an excuse because that has nothing to do with an individual video games DLC. For all these people that have paid $50 for the huge let down that is known as Elite they should get the DLC at the same time.

Kind of seems like they're just trying to be greedy instead of focusing on fixing existing problems

RCA

SBC 240Z wrote:Kind of seems like they're just trying to be greedy instead of focusing on fixing existing problems
Welcome to capitalism and corporate America. Companies have no moral backing; it isn't what's right or wrong, it's about will the wrong cost us money or bad PR?

The CoD specific BS can be blamed on Activision. They do nothing but try to squeeze money out of fans and customers. Anything to increase quarterly profits. At first Elite was this amazing service in beta but when launched it was broken. They promised Premium users challenges, clan challenges and unlockables. So far they gave out a "Prestige Token" and a "Winter Camo" for premium users. The Clan challenges still don't exist and they are ready to release new maps. I'm glad I didn't buy Elite; I don't support this DLC trend s***. I'm growing out of CoD any way so Treyarc's "Iron Wolf" will probably be my last title I buy. Now I need to convince my buddies to do the same :facepalm:

As for Xbox getting things ealier, it goes back to money and f*ck every one else. They don't feel that they need to care about all fans of their products, they care about which one's shell out the most money. XBL just has a bigger budget because it is a strictly premium service. Also Activision has a deal with Microsoft that give XBL users their stuff earlier but it cost MS a pretty penny.

http://www.xboxer360.com/news/microsoft ... ctivision/

alms24sebring

with hundreds of millions of dollars its hard to think of a reason excuse why the servers and gameplay still suck besides greed.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

RCA wrote:The CoD specific BS can be blamed on Activision. They do nothing but try to squeeze money out of fans and customers.
Yup. The regular release schedule does not lend itself to quality, but like sports games it sure does make a nice cash cow. And with a focus on multiplayer, the players will go where the games are, which means each new edition is a must-have for anyone interested in playing regularly. Then you've got s*** like charging for Elite features on top of the already-stupid $60 game price.

Activision is the new EA: milk, milk, milk, nevermind the product.

orangeNblue

honestly I kinda feel like if I pay for a monthly/yearly membership then I deserve a benefit here and there. I think it's fair for XBL customers to get the downloads first.

I will definitely buy the next COD is Treyarch makes it. I'm not too sure I can jump on the MW bandwagon any more. This game has too many flaws that have been proven by the gaming community and ignored by the people who could fix it. Greedy is one good word for what they are, arrogant is another!

SBC 240Z

Of course Xbox customers feel they should get certain products first because it validates them paying for a service that should be free. Your money goes to Microsoft, not CoD's makers. The fact that IW is ignoring their obligations towards all the premium Elite members shows their greed. The fact of the matter is that the money you dish out is for XBL, not individual game perks. The people that paid for a premium elite membership should get the DLC at the same time regardless of what system they have because that was the whole point for the service, every other aspect of it is broken and/or pointless.

They keep ignoring the real problems and I'll be looking into another franchise, BF3 is looking awfully f*** tempting right now.

orangeNblue

SBC 240Z wrote: The people that paid for a premium elite membership should get the DLC at the same time regardless of what system they have because that was the whole point for the service, every other aspect of it is broken and/or pointless.
Now that I agree with 100%...they have become greedy and the way they have handled things so far baffles me. Where are the clan competitions? Why are all of the competitions on cali time? I have wanted to play a few but the fact that I have a job and a life prevents me from wanting to stay up til midnight to win a 16 GB flash drive with MW3 logo on it....

DailyDrivenCoupe
Car: 2004 OB G35 Coupe

figure ill add myself to this convo since im new here on nico. oh my other addiction call of duty. lol prefer to just play team deathmatch or hardcore team deathmatch tho i will play other stuff at times. love all the maps tho its not really set up for anyone who likes to snipe lol. but my gamertag is xSEATTLESLAYERx

orangeNblue

The new maps are pretty cool. The last 3 that they've come out with are really good, I think, which is great bc the level design has been kinda flawed so far.

For me this game keeps getting worse and worse as far as lag issues and overpowered weapons. I regularly use the FAD, MK14, and MP7 just to try to keep up with the patterns the programs keep creating. They are trying to make it so that everyone can be moderately descent at the game, which sucks because people with talent to FPS games are getting ruined. I gave up on my KDR a while ago with this one. Now its more about just having the most points at the end of a match...or throwing knifing and quick shotting people to hear the rage...lol

I cannot wait for another treyarch game!! Black ops was the best COD yet, and I hated MW2 so I should've know that MW3 wasn't going to be any better.

DailyDrivenCoupe

orangeNblue wrote:The new maps are pretty cool. The last 3 that they've come out with are really good, I think, which is great bc the level design has been kinda flawed so far.

For me this game keeps getting worse and worse as far as lag issues and overpowered weapons. I regularly use the FAD, MK14, and MP7 just to try to keep up with the patterns the programs keep creating. They are trying to make it so that everyone can be moderately descent at the game, which sucks because people with talent to FPS games are getting ruined. I gave up on my KDR a while ago with this one. Now its more about just having the most points at the end of a match...or throwing knifing and quick shotting people to hear the rage...lol

I cannot wait for another treyarch game!! Black ops was the best COD yet, and I hated MW2 so I should've know that MW3 wasn't going to be any better.
aahhhhhh so this explains why the server has been acting so stupid lately. i was beyond pissed the other day when i headshot three different people and even heard the bullet hit the helmet and the guy just ran on off like i hit him with a BB gun :wtf2:

from what i heard from some buddies tho that play BF3 is that they now have to pay to use a server for online play in that game, hoping MW3 doesn't end up like that and we have to pay for even more bs. anyone else miss the days when download content and extra content was free instead of the outrageous prices they charge for their microsoft points

orangeNblue

yeah...sadly no one works for free any more. even worse when the do work they produce crap that isn't worth the money we all spend. Independent servers wouldn't be a bad idea as long as they work. The premium elite service which costs $50 a year should include these type of servers to produce a better gaming experience for its premium members, but low and behold they just took everyones money and kept pumping out insufficient game play

sorry for the pessimistic attitude but I will not be giving infinity ward or sledgehammer my hard earned cash again

DailyDrivenCoupe

orangeNblue wrote:yeah...sadly no one works for free any more. even worse when the do work they produce crap that isn't worth the money we all spend. Independent servers wouldn't be a bad idea as long as they work. The premium elite service which costs $50 a year should include these type of servers to produce a better gaming experience for its premium members, but low and behold they just took everyones money and kept pumping out insufficient game play

sorry for the pessimistic attitude but I will not be giving infinity ward or sledgehammer my hard earned cash again

agreed its like the people just wanna nickel and dime you and not even listen to our voicemails complaining about the game. they just hit delete and keep poking more money outta everyone :poke:

alms24sebring

orangeNblue

I know this is supposed to be funny and to help him make friends, but honestly f**k that guy! First of all, he's just down right stupid. Secondly, he threw a cat...I mean honestly....this video is neither entertaining nor funny. Epic fail on multiple levels...

Funny thing too, is treyarch makes a really good game. Can't wait for Black Ops 2

alms24sebring

hahaha I know he just threw the cat. wtf, he must have been high to flip out like that.

I thought Blops was great too. Id buy #2

orangeNblue

I'm ready to make some more funny emblems!!

Return to “Gaming”