Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

the disturbing content was pretty crazy in this one...it's not really a level you "play" so much as you did in mw2...I'm really liking the overall story. I have two missions left before
i've beaten it. So far it's taken me a little over 5 hrs on veteran.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

Wow that's impressive. Veteran on blops was a whore and a half

orangeNblue

Veteran really isn't that bad. You have to hide a lot more and you do less damage. Just means look for guns to pick up when you hit 100 bullets and always, ALWAYS look for cover

I do miss the ability to dive like you could in black ops.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

I cant 't begin to express how overly elated I am that the whole money system is gone from the MP. I like that stuff unlocks as you rank up both in rank and as you rank up you weapons and equipment. I hated having to base my loadouts solely on the number of kills or flag capture in BLOPs. By and far Kill Confirmed is the best MP mode I've ever played in a fps, its TDM but you can deny people of their kills by picking up fallen team mates dog tags. It promotes team play while letting the run and gunners do their thing. The Spec Ops is fabulous, especially survival mode. Overall I'm quite pleased with how this turned oht, now if I could just log into Elite and not get a server error message, is anyone else having difficulty logging in?

orangeNblue

everyone is...I've been on twice for about 5 min each time...it's laid out great but I'm more worried that I won't get the founder status stuff

Chaotic_Warlord

Me too and considering I was one of the lucky few that got the Hardened edition I'll be highly upset if I don't. According to the COD website as long as you entered the code for Elite Premium and played an online MP game you are set as a Founding member. I just want to get on to see what exactly its all about and to collect my Founder shwag. I'll try to log on on my laptop later today, hopefully I was able to link my account.

alms24sebring

I played survival mode yesterday and it was pretty awesome I must say. Idk if its just new or what but I feel like its better than zombies. I agree with dogtags too, that was a great idea. I have to be more patient though. Everytime I kill someone I run right for it without looking and die half the time haha.

orangeNblue

ha yeah I usually hope my teammates get em....I just hate that I can't get a good KD going on and MW type game. Too much lag BS especially since the update. I have really good internet yet joe blow can turn around and pop me once with a scar after I got first shot, several hit markers, and am shooting dead on. One thing that really pissed me off was the other day when I shot someone dead on with a shot gun (as in I was right beside them aiming on them, ducked back, shot them again twice and didn't even get one hit marker. I had to stab the guy after running away and coming back....If there is one thing they could fix it'd be crap like that!

Chaotic_Warlord

There aren't any real good sniping maps, it's as if Activision actually likes quick scopers. I haven't really had any issues with lag, but I have had a couple of instances where I've unloaded a full magazine on people only to have them one shot me.

Are there any glitches out there that I should be on the lookout for?

orangeNblue

none that I know of....I did have a kid the other day try to tell me that glitching isn't a form hacking...I made fun of him for a while.

alms24sebring

I thought it was just my friend sucking. He almost always goes negative and he always yells about the signal. But after watching for a few games, it really is at times. There was this one time where an enemy had a sniper and ran passed him. Like you clearly saw almost the entire gun passed him and he one shot killed him w/o evn turning slightly. Another time a semtex landed at some guys freakin feet in front of him and and no hit marker at all. Still multiple dead on shots and no hit marks or kills continue.

orangeNblue

you know its bad when you get a hit marker with a stab! today it happened....i quit for the day completely

Chaotic_Warlord

The server was down for a bit yesterday, I'm guessing for maintenance, couldn't even play any solo survival or spec ops, so I started playing through the campaign on veteran. Once i was able to get back on I was actually doing much better, even going 13 and 3 with 5 assists on one map.

Hardcore Kill Confirmed is nuts, you can't even collect any tags unless you're right on top of your kill. still no HC free for all though, which makes me sad. Of all the game modes Free For All is by and far my favorite.

alms24sebring

Dont you hate that? Alittle warning of maintainance would be nice. Why have I been seeing like 10, 15 assists in one game regularly. The most Ive seen that I ever had was 11 in Blops

Chaotic_Warlord

Favorite weapons so far? For me it's the M4 and the UMP45. Since they updated the server I can't hit s*** with any of the sniper rifles. I've set up residence in Barebones and have no intention on leaving anytime soon, it's so nice to not have to worry about kill streaks.

orangeNblue

If you use the support class at all you will have a crap ton of assists. I use that recon drone and have gotten up to 25 in one match. It definitely helps with leveling up. My fav's so far are the UMP and ACR...I like that very last assault rifle (can't remember its name). I've picked it up a few times and had a lot of fun with it. you can play with it in survival mode if you make it to the 18th or 20th wave. The heavy duty soldiers will drop it.

alms24sebring

I feel like I want this game for just the survival

orangeNblue

it's better than zombies... :eek:.... :yesnod

S13_love

orangeNblue wrote: I LOVE the reaper!! Hands down my favorite killstreak every. Laser guided predator missiles FTW!
Agreed!

Although for me, my absolute favorite killstreak is the explosive decoy. :rotflmao

I always get a good laugh when someone actually tries to get it, LOL...

(more often than not, i always manage to get a double kill out of it too :chuckle: )

alms24sebring

orangeNblue wrote:it's better than zombies... :eek:.... :yesnod
that be for true.

orangeNblue

S13_love wrote: Although for me, my absolute favorite killstreak is the explosive decoy. :rotflmao

I always get a good laugh when someone actually tries to get it, LOL...

(more often than not, i always manage to get a double kill out of it too :chuckle: )

I really loved the idea of that one, but I'll be derned if I don't play against the smartest people. One of my buddies that I play with uses it and right when I turn mine off, he racks up double kills like you wouldn't believe. One time he got a triple....we all bowed to his excellence that match...ha

RCA

I haven't posted on here in over 5 months so I am going to respond to every one as well as leave me opinion on the game so far.

Killing people has become very easy.
  • Guns that are capable of 1000 rounds per minute (2000 rpm with rapid fire) that can kill in 3 rounds leaves you with a difficult gaming experience.
    This is especially the case with new games. People are timid and not comfortable enough to run and gun so you run into a lot of defensive players.
    Another key aspect is the current inconsistent ping times. Many people are dealing with VERY different multiplayer experiences because lobbies have strange ping times. Imagine trying to learn how to play a game and be successful at it when things are always different/changing. There are lobbies that I can turn a corner, drop shot 2 people and kill them... and then there are lobbies that I turn the corner dropshot 1 person, get 4 hit markers and die. It's super frustrating.

Making any sort of mistake and you are penalized in the worst way possible... death.
    In BLOPs you can make a mistake on an enemy position, take a few shots and run; in MW3 if you blink you die. This sucks big time.
Multiplayer
  • I love it but the inconstancy drives me through the wall, I think the lag issues have been documented enough. But I will give the game my benefit of the doubt until after New Years; by then all the crap better be fixed and the networking / CoD Elite better be optimized.

Maps are too small. I usually find myself in parties of 9 or more so Ground War is the normal game type and these maps are impossible. Spawn points are sensitive and unpredictable making is super inconsistent along with the lag, it makes for a bad experience.
    BTW some maps from older CoDs (Crash, Crossfire, Strike, Highrise) have been found in the game files.

Guns kill fast but some are OP.
    The guns you NEED to have in your arsenal...
    - ACR 6.8
    - Type 95
    - PP90M1 (w/ Rapid Fire)
    - FMG9 (akimbo) <--- I can't fu*king stand this gun. People use them as primaries.

Some gun stats...

Things I have noticed...
    - Sometimes if happen to kill an opponent with a mic, immediately after they die- you can hear anything they say for a second or two.
    - Disable Theater Mode to get a smoother experience.
    - I used to only use stun nades because you threw them faster but now I realize that flashes and stuns gun thrown at the same speed. I use flashes now.
    - Trophy Systems are epic,
    - Turn on Color Blind Assist, it allows you to see stealth bombers position on your hud. You can then see where it's headed and RUN!
Tons more tips and tricks to become better at Multiplayer.

Single Player Campaign
  • Single player was good. I want another go at it on easy because I played the game on Veteran and I guess my opinion would change if it were less impossible. I felt like the story mode was kind of forced. I didn't like the twist the threw in there with Yuri's presence in an old CoD mission. I thought oh great, way to tie in a character with this time travel mombo jumbo. When the original story creators were at the helm you got real twists like breaking Prisoner 627 out of jail; that was freaking awesome. To me I think the single player was better than BLOPs but worse than MW1 and MW2.

Veteran difficulty is so insane. orangeNblue mentioned being 5 hours in with only 2 missions left, holy crap you're good. I finished the game @ 7hrs 35min. It took me 12hours to beat because of a few impossible situations.
    - Inside the NYSE trade floor and the submarine section in NY Harbor took me a while.
    - Some random section in Europe where all I remember is some dude yelling "MOVE UP AND USE THE TANKS FOR COVER"; for what ever reason my save point was suicide. I would spawn and take 3 steps before I died. Soo frustrating.
    - And finally the hotel section at the end. Some a** hat with a P90 behind a couch would BLAST me any time my head popped up for even .01 seconds. It was INSANELY unfair.
Single Player Fun Fact:
  • The gentlemen that Price has conversations with through the 3rd Act of the game ("Baseplate") is MacTavish.
    For those who don't remember MacTavish he is the guy that leads you through the sniper mission in MW1 as you play through the eyes of Captain Price when he was a noob.
    Price ends up on every one's s*** list but some how manages to always have the intel and supplies he needs and this is because his old friend "owes him one".
Spec Ops / Survival Mode
  • So Infinity Ward takes a shot at Zombies...
    It's all right I don't think it's ground breaking or anything like that but it's fun. What I don't like is the "grinding" mechanic they added to it. In Zombies the first time you play you can go to level 50 and be a beast; in MW3 you have levels like in multiplayer that you need experience to unlock things. For instance the most useful perk is Slight of Hand but it is unlocked at lvl 50, so even if you have the money to buy it you need to grind threw many sessions before you can use it. I don't like that, I find my self going through the motions playing game after game just so I can get it. With out SoH you won't go far and so it sucks having to wait to get it.

Tip on Survival Mode:
    - Dealing with Jugs...
    Buy a predator missile. When they get called in gather them together and run. Eventually they will be lined up one behind the other chasing you. Call in your predator missile and blow them up in one shot. Saves ammo and time.

Spec Ops will most likely be very similar in nature to MW2's Spec Ops. I haven't played it yet.

NICOnaut's Thoughts and Opinions
Chaotic_Warlord wrote:I cant 't begin to express how overly elated I am that the whole money system is gone from the MP. I like that stuff unlocks as you rank up both in rank and as you rank up you weapons and equipment. I hated having to base my loadouts solely on the number of kills or flag capture in BLOPs. By and far Kill Confirmed is the best MP mode I've ever played in a fps, its TDM but you can deny people of their kills by picking up fallen team mates dog tags. It promotes team play while letting the run and gunners do their thing. The Spec Ops is fabulous, especially survival mode. Overall I'm quite pleased with how this turned oht, now if I could just log into Elite and not get a server error message, is anyone else having difficulty logging in?
I didn't like game type specific perk unlocks but because of it I learned that I really excel in CTF and Headquarters.

I can't stand Kill Confirmed because your team doesn't move fast enough and if you decide to go out on your own all you will do is give the other team your tags. 95% of the time I go out and kill 2 or 3 enemies when i go to pick up tags there are another 2 people waiting to kill me. It promotes camping tags and moving like a 6 man team. Many people don't even go for tags they just kill whore. At least TDM you can kill from a far or up close; you take out 2 you will get credit for it.
Chaotic_Warlord wrote:There aren't any real good sniping maps, it's as if Activision actually likes quick scopers. I haven't really had any issues with lag, but I have had a couple of instances where I've unloaded a full magazine on people only to have them one shot me.

Are there any glitches out there that I should be on the lookout for?
Well what about BAKAARA?
The spawn point that is on the opposite side from the helicopter mounted mini-gun has a very long line of sight. I agree that there aren't many but I do think there are some.

As for glitches there are a few that I know of...

Clan Tag exploits (not really a glitch)
http://i.imgur.com/DhzUl.jpg

Sniper Glitch
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LcgENwNfZw[/youtube]

Truck Glitch
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29N__MH1ZJ4[/youtube]

This on PC And of course...
alms24sebring wrote:Dont you hate that? Alittle warning of maintainance would be nice. Why have I been seeing like 10, 15 assists in one game regularly. The most Ive seen that I ever had was 11 in Blops
Like orangeNblue said, support class really brings in the assists. But remember guys one EMP Grenade will disable a Recon Drone, any equipment (claymore, IMP, sentry etc) as well as slightly stun an enemy and temporarily disable their hud.
orangeNblue wrote:you know its bad when you get a hit marker with a stab! today it happened....i quit for the day completely
Yeah, rage quiting would of been my way out of that :mad: .
orangeNblue wrote:I really loved the idea of that one, but I'll be derned if I don't play against the smartest people. One of my buddies that I play with uses it and right when I turn mine off, he racks up double kills like you wouldn't believe. One time he got a triple....we all bowed to his excellence that match...ha
I don't know about you guys but when I kill some one hiding while waiting for their package and it turns out to be something awesome I find it next to impossible not to try it. Unless some one mentions that it's fake and I am using Support killstreaks I will try it...

It's TOO tempting. I have died picking up an AC-130 and 2 Jug Packages. So far my best performance was stealing a legit Sentry Gun. :frown:

Ok I think I covered everything...

orangeNblue

nice post....

I'm definitely going to start trying out the EMP grenade. One thing that really gets under my skin is that I can go 24-3 in one match just to turn around and go 18-19 in the next. I just played with a full team and no one left the match. It's just down right aggravating. I really haven't tried using the type 95. I played a couple matches with it but did so poorly I switched back to the G36 bc I loved that gun so my in MW1. The ACR and UMP are still my choice favorites.

Also one thing that you didn't mention in your tips on helping people was to have different gun types for different levels. If the game has a lot of corners and you are constantly moving in it, then its smart to play with a fun that reloads and fires extremely quick (submachine gun). Longer levels that require longer distance shooting, a assault rifle is the way to go.

As for the single player....I loved it. So much so that I went back and played the whole thing again so I could play through it more fluidly and pick up the last intel items that I missed (some were extremely hard to find and some of the achievements took a couple tries). I did catch that his contact was his old sniping buddy and I thought that was neat. And when you played as Yuri back in the earliest flashback, I was like "that me up in that window behind you"....lol

RCA

orangeNblue wrote:nice post....

One thing that really gets under my skin is that I can go 24-3 in one match just to turn around and go 18-19 in the next. I just played with a full team and no one left the match. It's just down right aggravating.

I really haven't tried using the type 95. I played a couple matches with it but did so poorly I switched back to the G36 bc I loved that gun so my in MW1. The ACR and UMP are still my choice favorites.

Also one thing that you didn't mention in your tips on helping people was to have different gun types for different levels. If the game has a lot of corners and you are constantly moving in it, then its smart to play with a fun that reloads and fires extremely quick (submachine gun). Longer levels that require longer distance shooting, a assault rifle is the way to go.

And when you played as Yuri back in the earliest flashback, I was like "that me up in that window behind you"....lol
Thanks, it was over due.

I know exactly what you mean.
I am definitely an accomplished CoDer; I'm no pro but I'm no noob. My K/D for the last 5 months of BLOPs was probably floating around 2.9-3.1 and there are games in MW3 that I struggle to go even. It matters a less during Domination but still it boggles my mind. I hope by the time Christmas comes there are tons more noobs that start playing.

Type 95 requires it's own play style but throw rapid fire on it. You could beat shotguns at close range. But you can't go wrong with the UMP and ACR.

As for the tips, you're right. It was missing that but then again most maps have a combo of both tight corners and long sight lines. This would then require a guide for specific game types on specific maps for specific playing style. But yes, the generic rule is missing.

I did the same thing hahaha. :chuckle:

Chaotic_Warlord

I for one hope that Christmas doesn't mean a ton more noobs, COD Elite and the MP are still a hot mess bc of the number of people the signed up and logged in the first week. If we get another massive influx of new players bc of Christmas then it's just going to crash again.

As far as your issues with Kill Confirmed, I understand them but at the same time there is no greater feeling than mowing down 2 or 3 guys and collecting their tags plus a couple of kill denied tags and making an easy 300 - 400 XP, plus if you can collect your tag before anyoe else does then it's a quick 250xp. I do see that there are a slew of people who just view it as TDM, but if you are in a good lobby of people who know the rules of the game you can run through games pretty quick and rank up.

I'm surprised that there are people who have prestiged not once, but two or three times already. Played in a lobby with a guy who was almost to his 4 prestige.

orangeNblue

i played a group that had two 4th and one 2nd....mt dew double xp, prestige token xp, and no life. I feel like I've played a lot and I haven't even prestiged yet (though I am a 79)

I keep getting irritated that I can't get kills, but I keep remembering the secret is camping. Don't believe me....first three games 1.) 18-24 2.) 22-20 3.) 24-28 ......then with a little camping 24-7, 22-9, 18-2

its ridiculous. It has a lot to do with lag, server, and host.....me and a buddy were playing a team who we were destroying....then out of no where neither of us could get kills and people on my team kept getting destroyed. Its like the whole match (for us) slowed down....not to mention they were camping their *butts* off....

I know a lot of people wouldn't agree with this but I really hope treyarch gets to make the next one and the keep it a lot like black ops!!!

SBC 240Z

Today I went 13-0 on Village while steadily moving through the map, they were coming in waves and no match for my gold M4 and MP9

alms24sebring

Cool post RCA. As my predictions were right, this is nothing but MW2.5 only with better killstreaks and pretty good detail I might add. You would think for such a large worldwide game they would spend alittle more time on fixing the glitches. That stuff is rediculous and I am still glad I did not get this game. I see nothing but headaches and broken controllers with this. When I watch my friend on the 360 he 90% of the time goes negative, sometimes bc hes doing stupid stuff or not seeing someone in the corner, but mostly because the game lacks connection, hit detection, and health IMO.

Ive just been staying on some Assassins Creed which is pretty good. It has some minor issues but still a fun game. Not a thread jack just sayin. The story and ending was great...

RCA

Yeah I would try to avoid MW3 until about mid-January. If you have an itch to play, only play for short period of time.
When mid-January hits then go for it. If it still sucks then I would give up on it.

As of late I have been loving rolling with a team and using the riot shield. It's epic sauce.
Also if you are using the support streaks I would go for the Recon Copter it's WAY too much fun. Blinding people and tagging them leaves you with ~20 assists.

alms24sebring

Yeah I think I'll keep my $60

Return to “Gaming”