Call of Duty: Elite

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

Anyone else signed up for this beta? I actually think it's a pretty cool idea.

Your thoughts....

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

Havent heard of it. detials ??

orangeNblue

then detials you shall have?? j/k

but it's basically a forum type atmosphere where people can go view their previous games, meet up with other players, etc...here's a video that will explain it all

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/video

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

This sounds just like what Halo 3 did some years ago? Except isn't Elite a pay-per service?

orangeNblue

i think it's both...people can pay and get more features and I think I heard that DLC is included, but I could've just dreamed that up.

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

it will be a pay per month subscription, which i am not ok with given the fact that this franchise has so much money, bf3 announced they will offer the same feature but at no cost.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

Just Activision's work around for a per month service, rather ingenious considering that I know a few dopes stupid enough to pay for it. Seriously I can think of better uses of that money. Oh and Bungee and EA have had similar services for their games for years none of which you have to pay for.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I heard something about subscribers getting DLC, which could make paying for it possibly okay. Aside from that...I don't see the need for a social service for a game already played mostly over XBL or Steam.

orangeNblue

Just to kinda step in and clarify, a majority of the elements with elite will be free, just like the stuff out there for battlefield and halo. The only difference is you can buy a premium membership, which is supposed more options and features and also include all the DLC that comes out for COD games. Depending on the the price it may be worth it to become a premium member but in either case I like that they are finally coming out with something like this for the COD games.

orangeNblue

well I've been using the beta now for about 3 weeks and I have to say that I really like it! It brings another aspect of fun to the game but adding competitions. I just finished one yesterday, it was most captures in HQ in a day. They gave from 12AM to 12AM PST for someone to cap the most HQ they could. This time the prize was a $200 backpack...another ongoing competition is to get the "coolest" or "greatest kill" in the sticks and stones with a tomahawk. the winner gets a Canon T2i...

Now even though it'll be hard to win because I can't spend a whole saturday playing games, it was still pretty fun getting together with some guys I met over Elite and playing. We finished in the top 10% of those enlisted in the Tournament.

In either case, I think it's worth checking into if you play a lot of call of duty games. It lets you upload you video thru youtube, keep up with your stats, and gameplay. I think its pretty neat.

Anyone else on the beta?

RCA

I love CoD Elite.

I use it strictly for the stats. Heat maps, tips and tricks. It is very feature rich and overwhelming when you fist use it but there are a lot of goodies in there.
Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Just Activision's work around for a per month service, rather ingenious considering that I know a few dopes stupid enough to pay for it. Seriously I can think of better uses of that money. Oh and Bungee and EA have had similar services for their games for years none of which you have to pay for.
You don't have to pay for it.

You can if you want and it gives your free DLC and other tournaments you can join that have bigger prizes. The base service is free.

Return to “Gaming”