Call Of Duty: BLACK OPS

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
RCA

Hey gearhead05 this is the same game that had over 1 BILLION dollars in sales.

But they can't make a game that works. F*CKING SH*T! Mine Craft in alpha works better than Black Ops.

I am so pissed that one of the most popular online FPSs is broken. I want my $60 back.

gearhead05
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

RCA wrote:Hey gearhead05 this is the same game that had over 1 BILLION dollars in sales.

But they can't make a game that works. F*CKING SH*T! Mine Craft in alpha works better than Black Ops.

I am so pissed that one of the most popular online FPSs is broken. I want my $60 back.
Seriously! I can't say that I want my $60 back because I do enjoy the game but they should really use some of that money to make a system that will pick someone in the lobby with a good enough connection to actually host the match.

Also, they should invest in a proper matchmaking system so that the games are even and not completely one sided like many I get into. That would also help out the noobs. I was in a match the other day where everyone including myself was multi-level prestige and the dude was level 2 on his first time through. That seems a little unfair and overwhelming if someone is just getting into the multiplayer to be thrown into a match like that.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

SlidethisWay wrote:
alms24sebring wrote:^do u haz a ps3, or are you xbox only :squint:
If your talking to me, i stick to playing with my box :rotfl
Aww you and Orangenblue are wak. haha j/k.

You know what I say. F*** the noobs, just f***'em

SlidethisWay
Car: Looking...

:wavey: Haterrr j/k.

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

come join the dark side....lol, too nerdy??

Xbox is the way to go tho...even our newbs are good

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

gearhead05 wrote:
RCA wrote:Hey gearhead05 this is the same game that had over 1 BILLION dollars in sales.

Seriously! I can't say that I want my $60 back because I do enjoy the game but they should really use some of that money to make a system that will pick someone in the lobby with a good enough connection to actually host the match.

Also, they should invest in a proper matchmaking system so that the games are even and not completely one sided like many I get into. That would also help out the noobs. I was in a match the other day where everyone including myself was multi-level prestige and the dude was level 2 on his first time through. That seems a little unfair and overwhelming if someone is just getting into the multiplayer to be thrown into a match like that.

OK, I'll just put this out there, why would Activision/IW/Treyarch even consider giving you your money back, this is possibly the best selling game series of all time, beaten out by only Halo and Madden. They know this, their fans know this, hell our moms know this. I mean it manages to make it to the nightly news and CNN when ever a new one is released because of the amount of sales it makes in the first week alone. Having said that Activision is starting to head down the same slippery slope the EA went down almost a decade ago. Piss poor games that rake the money in with no fixes (or even a smattering of caring) in sight. WHo cares if the critics and game reviewers give them poor marks, they know that no matter what they put out everyone and their brother will go out and buy it, broken or not. Just look at what EA did to the NFS series and how they managed to wreck a perfect formula for Madden, and yet they keep selling games. Activision is on that same road.

As far as the matchmaking goes, it's completely BS, in MW2 core was locked out to anyone over level 16 unless you were in a party with someone under 16. I go into core because I just got the game and have murdered my way to level 12 in a day or so and 9 times out of 10 it lobbies full of multi prestiges or the upper ranks. This is BS, I'm not trying to say to feel bad for the noobs, but honestly the weapons in this game suck in the lower ranks, and to have some multi prestige come at you with a multi accessorized AK74u or Famas is just garbage. At least with MW 2 you got the M4 right off the bat and the M16 fairly early on and those were 2 of the best weapons in the game. Maybe I'm just jaded by BF:BC2 but really I'm not a fan of this game yet. I sooooo can't wait to rank up and unlock HC, because I can't take this stupid core crap.

alms24sebring

I feel you on the second paragraph but its like every other game; you start out with crap and work your way up to bigger and better. If I started GT5 with the F1car, it wouldn't be as fun. Or if I started Ratchet and Clank with the RYNO, or GTA with a minigun and rocket launcher, its the same deal. But like I said before, I hate prestiging because of crappy guns and no attachments, and I always drop in my K/D ratio. But after an hr or 2 Ive moved up and get better.

Chaotic_Warlord

I don't care that they start you out with crap weapons, but you should have to worry about getting your a** kicked every single round because you have a garbage loadout while everyone else on the map is running around with nerfed FAMAS' w/ multiple attachments and pro perks. They should definately have a Rank cap of like 15 on the core games, this way everyone on the board has garbage loadouts and BS perks. To go into a core game as a level 1 or hell even a level 16 and have to do battle with a lobby full of prestiges and officer ranks is just absolute crap and intimidating as F.... , it's like giving a 6 y/o a gun and dropping him in the middle of Iraq with a giant red balloon attached to back and telling him to make do and don't get killed. He's gonna sh.t himself and not want to play anymore. I'm only doing as good as I'm doing because I'm pretty freakin good with these games to begin with.

Oh and am I the only one else who keeps hitting the back button to call out enemy positions and trying to get into vehicles or think that an RPG or granade into a room is going to blow the walls out? I've totally been away from the COD series for far to long and playing a far superior game (that being BF:BC2) instead. So now I am dissapoint everytime something that happens or works in BF:BC2 doesn't happen or work in COD...

alms24sebring

Its hard if you play demolition or domination because everyone usually runs with teams. What I usually do from lvl 1-17 is play Free For All, so I dont get my a$$ kicked hardcore or play Mercenary TDM. There is also a kill cap in those modes so you dont go 3-56. Its a bit slower than the team modes but is well worth it. Even with crappy guns I can still get 1st or top 3 in FFA, then play the harder team modes with your team. Besides, you gain money fast as long as you do halfway decently in kills, so attachments and perks come quickly.

orangeNblue

If it really bothers you that it starts out that way you could always look up what kind of class would be beneficial to you. I mean for the first 14 levels I don't play as well as I usually do once I get the famas or ak74u but at the same time its usually server lag that makes me play bad and not what weapons other people have. I mean, I don't see how it makes that much of a difference what guns people have. The MP5K is a great gun with a silencer, steady aim, light weight, and marathon. If you're getting destroyed by tubes then creep, because the guys who use those are getting open level kills and aren't looking around every corner for people. I fight cheap with cheap, if I'm getting tubed then I camp and vise versa if I'm getting camped then I just start tubing, or camping back.

But like I said I really don't think weapons make a difference. I mean I play in a matches when I feel like pissing people off using only pistols and tomahawks and I have no problems getting a 2 to 4 kill death ratio.

alms24sebring

Some of that is true. I think it really depends on the gun you use. I like the MP5K but its to short range of a weapon for me. But with that said I think it is the best gun until the AK74 (my go to). I used to grab the M16 but that gun pisses me off because I hit somebody with the 3 bullets and the 4th one is the one that kills them, but by the time I shoot the next round, either they get out of the way and/or I die. Also, it takes 10 bullets from long range.. seriously.

I would agree with you in finding what class, perks, and weapons fit you best with what you have. if you play right with your setup, you dont do that bad.

ps- I hate the Famas. I dont understand why its so popular. Not me at all.

gearhead05
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

Chaotic_Warlord wrote: a far superior game (that being BF:BC2)
Amen!

alms24sebring

So a new patch just came out. Apparently if you put someone in 2nd chance and someone else kills them, you still get the points. Thats all I know about it. Small + I guess.

Whats worse it seems is the connection.... still. A team earlier today of 6 took 15 mins to join a game. When we did we always lost 2 or 3 people. Finally we got in but dam, wtf. It is soooo inconvenient now. I dont know if its gotten worse since I only played for a short time but holy crap, I hope not.

ThatGuyRoger
Car: 08 Super Black Altima Coupe 2.5S

also the patch was for the glitches in zombies (at least that is what i heard)

ThatGuyRoger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2n2UmYHGWY bwahahaha!!
* may contain NSFW language*

LocAL_anarchy
Car: 08 Mustang GT
95 Nissan 240sx
96 Ford Explorer Sport

"...work on Connection Pro!" too funny!!

Chaotic_Warlord

ThatGuyRoger wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2n2UmYHGWY bwahahaha!!
* may contain NSFW language*
That was a response to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7A2UPcg ... sponse_rev

I LoLed'd

alms24sebring

hahaha thats pretty funny

ThatGuyRoger

lol bed intruders

alms24sebring

Thats funny because just today I heard the real version of that song.. which I didnt even know existed! I recognized it by the words and laughed to myself.

sentrastace
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S

dont want to buy the map pack either, even though in the trailers it looks pretty damn cool. ugh maybe I'll surrender, im sick of the same maps over and over again.

orangeNblue

They're not too bad. I have yet to play the zombie one but that's because my internet has trouble being host. Stadium is fun and the Berlin wall is easy to get kill streaks in. The other two are kinda blah.

alms24sebring

This game is really starting to piss me off now. I cant get anything going anymore with equal kills and deaths after a game, everytime. Very rarely I get a good game like 35-10 on Domi, but nothing better than that. My K/D dropped by 2 points in 2 days. AHHHHHH GD AHHHHH

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

I just play the new zombie map now. It is easily the best one yet.

RCA

Have you unlocked the secrets of Ascension yet?

orangeNblue

that sounds interesting....what is that??

alms24sebring

How do I unlock the other 2 maps in zombies?

Musta just been a bad day. I played MW2 the other day just to see all the hackers and what they are doing. Truely unplayable but fun to watch. Id do it.

RCA

Google Search it.

It is a simple code you type into the PC in the menu screen and it gives you acsess to all the Zombie maps. I just don't remember it.

3arc something... IDK.

alms24sebring

Oh yeah I read that once. Apparently theres a bunch of crap you can do with that computer

RCA

Yup, tons of crap. I spent 3 or so hours looking through different emails sent to Mason, JFK and Castro...

So much more stuff to see. I read some where that there is about 5 hours of reading materials, never mind the time spent cracking and typing in the codes.

Return to “Gaming”