Caliper dust boot problem

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Hi, So I went to replace my brakes and when I used the tool to push the caliper piston back it went back fine, but the dust boot didn't go back in properly.
Here is a pic of the dust boot not going back in correctly.

Question is can I fix this by using something to push the rubber back in? Does this mean there is fluid in there and that is why it isn't going back in correctly?
Is it ok to put everything back on how it was and still drive it? (I did do that and have driven it, braking feels good)
Last question, is it time for a new caliper?

Thanks!

sx moneypit
Car: 2010 370Z
1986 Toyota MR2

The boot is just stretched a bit from the piston being extended,i can usually use my fingers to push the boot back in to place if it isn't stretched too much.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Thanks for the reply SX. I did try pushing it back in and it would just come back out or come out on the other side. I tried for 10 min.
This apparently is a common issue with the Rogue calipers. So I ordered some semi-loaded re-manufactured ones, which sucks I don't think this should happen with 42,000 miles.

Thanks again

sx moneypit
Car: 2010 370Z
1986 Toyota MR2

Yeah,the boots can get stretched too much to be able to work them back in,its not just Rogue calipers that have this problem.It is a b**** that you have that problem with the low mileage on the car.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”