Cabin light stays on

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
2moresheep
Car: Infiniti G37S

I LOVE my G37S, 1400 miles so far. But yesterday the left cabin light (believe its technical name is "Interior Room Light") stayed on during the entire time I was driving the car and for about another 30 min after the car was turned off. Can't get to dealer for 1+ weeks. Tried turning the switch to OFF...now the right light doesn't come on when I open the door, but the left one does and still stays on while driving and for about 30min after. Can't find a fuse diagram to see if pulling the fuse for that light would take care of problem temporarily. It's enough of a problem that my iPod's battery ran down for the first time though the car battery seems unaffected...car starts fine. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2009 G37S Conv 6MT

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

2moresheep wrote:I LOVE my G37S, 1400 miles so far. But yesterday the left cabin light (believe its technical name is "Interior Room Light") stayed on during the entire time I was driving the car and for about another 30 min after the car was turned off. Can't get to dealer for 1+ weeks. Tried turning the switch to OFF...now the right light doesn't come on when I open the door, but the left one does and still stays on while driving and for about 30min after. Can't find a fuse diagram to see if pulling the fuse for that light would take care of problem temporarily. It's enough of a problem that my iPod's battery ran down for the first time though the car battery seems unaffected...car starts fine. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2009 G37S Conv 6MT
Silly qustion but did you try prssing the light to turn it off?

If a door is left open the center light is on as well as the indicator on the dash. But, the right & left lights each work independently by pressing thm on and off individually.

BTW - Welcome to the club. Tell us a little bit about your new G Vert.

2moresheep
Car: Infiniti G37S

Thanks! Problem solved. Actually figured it out last night while trying to see the road, put my hand over the light and turned it out. It does take a while to get familiar with all the good stuff on this car.

My car is black with stone seats. Love the alumninum trim. It has Nav, Premium, Tech. Most of all I love the 6-speed manual transmission which reminds me of my MGB-GT back in the day, and my dad's 1970 or 71 (whatever the first model year was) Z car. Got it at a good price because it was titled one day, brought back to the dealership the next so it was a used ar with 80 miles on the odometer.

Thanks again for the response.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Problem solved - That Was Easy!I like your taste in cars - Gs and MGs (check my sig)2 of my favorite drop tops - one is totally old school with 4 speed manual and no power steering, brakes or windows while the other is totally newest school with navi, directional headlights and power lumbar support in the seats. It's like the best of both worlds!

Congrats on the new car and it soundls like you got a great deal - I wonder how hard the previous owner got hammered returning a car after 1 day of ownership and 80 miles. I suspecet it was an expensive day indeed.

Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

The Manual Tranny is rare! Good find. Welcome to Nico!The lights I believe are timed to turn off by power saver after 10 minutes. They do in my G.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”