Cabin Filter - easy to install?

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
MikeNColo
Car: Love to ride Steam Trains

Hey Guys,Looked in my owners manual (2003 FX35) for the instructions to change or install a cabin filter, and all it says is "See your Infiniti Dealer" (Very annoying!). I've already peeked back behind the battery, and it currently doesn't have a filter. Does the "replacement" filter come with instructions, or has anyone already done this and can give me a heads up on it. On other cars I've had, you usually just open the glovebox, and it sits right above it and snaps in/out, but this glove box is pretty well encased (and tiny!! LOL).Thanks for any help.

NISTECH

you may need to remove the glove box assembly to gain access to the micro filter.

MikeNColo

Thanks nistech... I'll pickup a filter this weekend and give it a try.

MikeNColo

Just an update on this subject...I installed the filter last night, I can see why they say "See your dealer".... You have to remove a couple of trim pieces to drop that glovebox, and there is a nice surprise on top... The AirBag connector is attached to the top of the glovebox and it has to come off to get the thing out of the way.There was no instructions included, so I had to guess what you do with the foam strips they include with the filter, and which way the filter goes in...But I think I got it. I think. Well, at least the car still starts....lol

NISTECH

cool sorry mike I forgot about the yellow connector up there. you can actually squeez the clips that hold it in place and release it from the assembly without unplugging it. you didnt get an airbag light when you unplugged it did ya?

MikeNColo

Hey NISTECH, thanks for the reply... No.... I didn't unplug it, I did what you suggested, I released the plug assembly from the glove box... I'm a bit afraid of those there yellow wires. lol... I also applied the foam strips to the sides of the fan box, hope that was right-Nissan should put instructions in those boxes (and a far out hope that they read forums - a great imprompt owner feedback source.)

NISTECH

Mike some of the stuff I have come across on here has gotten back to NNA northern california office when I attend tech school. weather they use it to improve things I dont know.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

It is true Nissan/Infiniti does read the forums.

For years the Infinti section of NICO has been harping about the need for a tranny cooler on Q45 in our North american driving environment and most Q45 drivers here get one.

As of 2k2 the new Q45 and now the M45 have one from the factory.

Conincindence?Probably..but still...

Fred..:D

Return to “Murano Forum”