Cabin Air Filter Changed

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Superdave54
Car: 2008 Rogue

Just changed my cabin air filter, which is behind a panel on the bottom drivers side of the center console. The cover unsnaps by pulling the back portion straight out, and sliding the panel rearward about 1 1/2 inches.

Earlier posts and the manual described having to remove the gas pedal and loosen the brake pedal.

I had the gas accelerator pedal unplugged and unbolted, and the brake pedal pin pulled, but the assembly still would not come out. It was a huge hassle, and access is very poor.

So, I removed filter cover. It is about an inch wide and 8 inches long. The filter is flexible and was easily bent past the gas pedal for removal. The new filter went in the same way. The filter is directional, and instructions come with it if you buy it from the dealer ($20).

Knowing what I know now, it is only a 10 minute job, so the dealer should only charge a minimum to change it. Usually there is a one hour minimum, so having it done concurrently with other maintenance would most likely save money.

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Out of curiosity, why did you change it? I mean the car is so new, it shouldn't need it for a few years, right?

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

I think you have to change it every year.

It collects all the dirt from the outside so it can become really dirty and slow down the air circulation in the car.

I changed it on my wife's ex car, it was one and a half year old and started to be really dirty.

At least, change it every two years.But if you suffer of asthma or have respiratory difficulties, more often is better as it collects pollens and other stuff.

roguester
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD, 06 Altima 2.5 S special

great info, so the filter can be taken out by slightly bending it and w/out removing the gas pedal. I will be doing mine in May 09 it will be 1 year oldtks

Superdave54
Car: 2008 Rogue

I changed the filter at 12000 miles. It was pretty dirty. The filter paper is pretty thin, so break-thru could happen if it got much dirtier. I will go with changes every 15000 miles as recommended, unless you drive on dusty roads often.

Return to “Rogue Forum”